Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011 F150xl Fleet truck HELP Please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 05:31 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2011 F150xl Fleet truck HELP Please!

I have an "11 XL Supercab with the integrated radio, and it was a fleet truck. I have installed an aftermarket unit, but the smaller plug of the wiring adapters doesn't fit. It is more square, where the factory plug on the truck is more rectangular.

The problems I'm having is trying to find a wire that works when the key is in the ACC position, and finding a wire that makes the stereo dim when the headlights are turned on. Also, my LED display now only shows the temperature and "Built Ford Tough". While thats cool and all, I really want the display clock back up there. Anyone know of a different adapter for the small plug?

Thanks for any possible help! Right now, I have the stereo working when the key is in the RUN position.

Thanks
Old 10-16-2016, 09:24 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

To get the 2 line display more thqn built tough. You need a hu, that utilizes a Meastro Rr.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:05 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Erock67
I have an "11 XL Supercab with the integrated radio, and it was a fleet truck. I have installed an aftermarket unit, but the smaller plug of the wiring adapters doesn't fit. It is more square, where the factory plug on the truck is more rectangular.

The problems I'm having is trying to find a wire that works when the key is in the ACC position, and finding a wire that makes the stereo dim when the headlights are turned on. Also, my LED display now only shows the temperature and "Built Ford Tough". While thats cool and all, I really want the display clock back up there. Anyone know of a different adapter for the small plug?

Thanks for any possible help! Right now, I have the stereo working when the key is in the RUN position.

Thanks
I doubt you even need to use the other plug in an XL. For your switched power you need to find a source in the fuse panel and use an add-a- fuse.
The following users liked this post:
Erock67 (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 04:59 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2011 F150xl Fleet truck HELP Please!