Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2011 f150 fitment question

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 10:51 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2011 f150 fitment question

http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Ford-Fusion-Escape-Mustang-Expedition-Android-4-4-Car-DVD-Radio-GPS-Stereo-/181245278419?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
Can anyone tell me why this unit wouldn't fit in 09-14 F150's? The description has the units dimensions, but doesn't elaborate as to why it won't fit the years in question. This has all the features I've been looking for, and I plan on buying a mounting kit and double din faceplate to replace the integrated radio panel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 09-28-2016, 04:25 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Wiring and probably canbus issues. It isn't a true double din made for other vehicles than the ones it is made for. I wouldn't personally buy one on ebay from china. Amazon has them.

https://www.amazon.com/Touchscreen-N...ct_top?ie=UTF8
Old 09-28-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

The canbus is for the steering wheel controls, isn't it? My truck is an XL, so I don't have any radio controls on the wheel.

Thanks for the Amazon link. I used the eBay link since they had the dimensions diagram and a pic of the 09-14 dash with an X stating it won't fit.

I've thought about ordering one along with a mounting kit, but I really hate the thought of tearing everything apart then finding out that something within the dash is in the way.

I would be happy with a slightly different case design if I could find one with all of these features and screen resolution, but I haven't found that yet.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Erock67
The canbus is for the steering wheel controls, isn't it? My truck is an XL, so I don't have any radio controls on the wheel.

Thanks for the Amazon link. I used the eBay link since they had the dimensions diagram and a pic of the 09-14 dash with an X stating it won't fit.

I've thought about ordering one along with a mounting kit, but I really hate the thought of tearing everything apart then finding out that something within the dash is in the way.

I would be happy with a slightly different case design if I could find one with all of these features and screen resolution, but I haven't found that yet.
Is there a reason you want to go with Android?
It is designed to fit the vehicles listed because of the built in mounting bracket. There are plenty of better HU's that are made to fit your truck with the correct mounting bracket and wiring kit. That screen resolution is pretty much standard. If you want to stick with this brand name then check out the link below and look at a model that is not made for a certain vehicle.
http://stores.ebay.com/Pumpkin-Car-S...4&_sop=2&_sc=1

Last edited by Wyo11Scab; 09-29-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: 2011 f150 fitment question