Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2010 Screw looking to add sub.

Old 10-22-2016, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Screw looking to add sub.

Looking to add an 8 or a 10. I'm not really interested in a custom box or piecing together a system so I've been looking at pre-built's that already have the box amp and sub in one.

I'm honestly trying to keep it as cheap as possible since I'm not looking to wake the neighbors or be heard from two miles away, just adding some decent base which the doors cant produce.

What is the most common set up people are using to mount under their rear seats?

I've been looking at

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-QEw1pni...TD.html?tp=114

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-I1kQG3Z...h-P300-10.html

Since I think that those are the only two that are going to fit under the seat. I've seen how the Sound Ordnance has been mounted under the passenger front seat as well, but just not too sure if an 8 will be able to provide everything I'm quite looking for. I listen to a lot of rock, classic rock, some hard stuff and some rap stuff.

I'm still on the factory base HU, but have upgraded the door speakers.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:43 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

The SO, will fit behing your seats, while itll be a Tight fit for the RF, under the seat!

A few OP, have put 2 of the SO's behind the rear seats, and were happy with the output. As well, as not losing floor space!
Old 10-22-2016, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman34
The SO, will fit behing your seats, while itll be a Tight fit for the RF, under the seat!

A few OP, have put 2 of the SO's behind the rear seats, and were happy with the output. As well, as not losing floor space!

Thanks for the input, unfortunately I've got my component speakers amp mounted behind the seat so I'd probably only be able to mount one behind the seat, unless I mounted the other under the passenger front too. Thats why I was thinking about just doing one 10" so it meets all needs with just one. But if 8s are that capable then maybe that's all I need.. I'm a complete audio noon.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:29 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

While the 8 will sound good, and add Bass! It wont Pound, like a larger more capable 10 or 12 inch sub would!
Old 10-23-2016, 05:11 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by IggyBcool
Thanks for the input, unfortunately I've got my component speakers amp mounted behind the seat so I'd probably only be able to mount one behind the seat, unless I mounted the other under the passenger front too. Thats why I was thinking about just doing one 10" so it meets all needs with just one. But if 8s are that capable then maybe that's all I need.. I'm a complete audio noon.
I would search the forum about other SO installs and see what they say about them. They have been around for a few years.

Search this Thread