Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2006 king ranch factory sub not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 king ranch factory sub not working

I have installed an aftermarket stereo and amp in my f150 but was going to use the factory sub until I got my new one online but after hooking it up it doesn't seem to be working, makes fuzzy noises but it doesn't pound like it should lol.... I've tried doing my research cause I like to figure things out before asking for help online, but here Iam.... Thanks for any input you may have
Old 09-26-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by F150roofer
I have installed an aftermarket stereo and amp in my f150 but was going to use the factory sub until I got my new one online but after hooking it up it doesn't seem to be working, makes fuzzy noises but it doesn't pound like it should lol.... I've tried doing my research cause I like to figure things out before asking for help online, but here Iam.... Thanks for any input you may have
Did you use the wiring harness for the aftermarket sub and add a voltage reducer to eliminate the turn on pop?
Old 09-26-2016, 10:29 AM

I only changed out the factory stereo and the factory amp with aftermarket stuff ... And all I'm left with is a sub with 4 wires for the dual voice coil, but I've hooked it up like I've hooked up dvc subs before, like it's just a sub and wires in a box, and it worked fine before I cut the wires. I've tried different wiring patterns with no luck.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:33 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by F150roofer
I only changed out the factory stereo and the factory amp with aftermarket stuff ... And all I'm left with is a sub with 4 wires for the dual voice coil, but I've hooked it up like I've hooked up dvc subs before, like it's just a sub and wires in a box, and it worked fine before I cut the wires. I've tried different wiring patterns with no luck.
Is it a Sony sub?
Old 09-26-2016, 04:24 PM

It's whatever came stock in my truck, it has no name on it, but I also had an amp given to me that was dropped and I hooked it up in my truck and blew a fuse and started smoking, but now I got a new amp and now I'm hoping that I didn't break my sub, either way I got a new sub on the way

Quick Reply: 2006 king ranch factory sub not working