Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2006 Ford F150 Lariat Subwoofer install help!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 09:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2006 Ford F150 Lariat Subwoofer install help!!

Hi! im just new to the forum first of all my ride, 2006 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat, well i have the factory setup a single in dash factory radio, as far as i know this type of vehicle don't have subwoofer box, but have the factory wire hardness to install as an option. well i just buy a used factory subwoofer box for a 2005 Ford F150 with all the wires and connectors for the subwoofer and radio. my problem is that i don't know which one of the 2006 Ford 150 lariat connector is the one that i need to use for the subwoofer. My other question is about the power i was reading that some persons need to decrease the volts from 12v to 5v to get the amp on the subwoofer box to work is that true on only is needed on early models. Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:43 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by wingrg
Hi! im just new to the forum first of all my ride, 2006 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat, well i have the factory setup a single in dash factory radio, as far as i know this type of vehicle don't have subwoofer box, but have the factory wire hardness to install as an option. well i just buy a used factory subwoofer box for a 2005 Ford F150 with all the wires and connectors for the subwoofer and radio. my problem is that i don't know which one of the 2006 Ford 150 lariat connector is the one that i need to use for the subwoofer. My other question is about the power i was reading that some persons need to decrease the volts from 12v to 5v to get the amp on the subwoofer box to work is that true on only is needed on early models. Thanks for the help!!!!
First look and see if you have the factory sub wiring already there. Then get a used facrory sub box and plug it in. You only need to decrease the 12V to 5V if you are using an aftermarket radio. That is because the aftermarket radio sends a 12V turn on signal and you will have a turn on thump from the sub.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply! Yup theres a sub wiring over there, but my problem is that the metra adapter that came with the aftermarket radio not fit in the connector on the vehicle "2006", but fits perfectly in the one that was included in the sale, aparently i need to rewire but the colors of the connectors are diferent for both years.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by wingrg
Thanks for the reply! Yup theres a sub wiring over there, but my problem is that the metra adapter that came with the aftermarket radio not fit in the connector on the vehicle "2006", but fits perfectly in the one that was included in the sale, aparently i need to rewire but the colors of the connectors are diferent for both years.
Since you have an aftermarket HU and you need to rewire then I would put in an aftermarket sub and amp also

Quick Reply: 2006 Ford F150 Lariat Subwoofer install help!!