Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

2 JL 10W3's behind the seat plus more

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 02:56 PM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
Default 2 JL 10W3's behind the seat plus more

The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 03:05 PM

I got my stereo installed a couple of days ago and all is good except two issues, the dumb LED light under the bass/master control **** and there seems to be a delay from when I start my truck to when everything seems to fire up. I usually auto start so I haven't noticed until this morning when I fired it up the old fashioned way, but when I did it again during lunch today, there was no delay...odd. Anyways, it sounds awesome, all the OEM Nav, Sync 3, and connect work normal and the Bluetooth and phone were unphazed as well. There's a FIX 86 behind the dash and they used the parrot harness as well. They also left the stock tweeters functioning even though they added the Polk ones in the door. Besides the bass ****, you can't tell anything has changed. The backseat goes up and locks, but I had to relocate the jack which I just through in the under the seat storage. I sharpied the LED light so it's barely noncable now. All and all I'm pretty happy with what was done. If I were to do it again, I'd probably just go with a single 10, this thing pounds way to much for what I need.

R/
Travis

Last edited by T-Locster; 05-25-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 05-25-2018, 05:40 PM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

I like it! Super clean install. How do those tweeters sound installed in the door? Are they angled?

I hear you about the subs, as I had two 12's behind my kids in my last coupe... going with one 12 this time. I don't want my kiddos to go deaf.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:48 PM

Everything sounds crisp and smooth (contradictory?), not sure if they're angled or not, but it sounds right to me.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thats a nice install.
two things
1.) the delay is usually the amp powering up and getting on line so to say.
2.) is this set up more like a free air? or not covering up the cab vent or just a pic mid process.
I am mid span with similar set up 2 TW1s hopefully box will be finished up this week end except for carpet.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:45 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

Guessing he fiberglass the back of the box in. As for the delay, do you have the remotes hooked up to a relay or only fuses? If using only a fuse to connect to you might want to consider wiring a relay instead of all remote turn-on connections.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Old 05-29-2018, 01:40 PM

More pics of the enclosure

Old 05-29-2018, 01:42 PM

The weird thing about the delay is that it hasn't happened since and I've been turn keying it ever since to replicate it. Maybe I was still half asleep and exaggerated it. It's been at least 15x and it hasn't done it again.
Old 06-04-2018, 07:11 PM

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

I don't want to know, but want to know at the same time. Lol. What kind of $$ for all this.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:58 AM

I purchased all the speakers, amps, subs and FIX separate. The install, all associated equipment (wires, deadening, etc), and custom sub enclosure cost $1,500. I know it's steep, but I didn't have time in my life to tackle a project like this nor the no how. It sounds legit and haven't had buyers remorse yet, so that's a good sign. I think I mentioned this, but if I were to do it again, I would probably just go with one 10" in the back which would have brought the price down a bit on the fabrication. I was worried about the seat blocking the subs and muffling them. These shallows though by JL hit ridiculously so no worries there, can't really turn the bass **** past the half way point without feeling like my windows or ears are going to explode and the truck doesn't even rattle at all.

Quick Reply: 2 JL 10W3's behind the seat plus more