Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

18 Screw subwoofer box help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2019, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18 Screw subwoofer box help!

Hey guys, I am an old “basshead” looking to add subs to my 18’ SCrew. I am having a hard time deciding between the following 2 boxes:

SubThump Rear Console box- using a large 12” sub, currently considering the SSA GCON. Powered by a JL 1000/1

http://subthump.com/Ford-F150-Superc...ack-New-1.html

FoxBox dual ported box. For this I am looking at the Sundown SA-10s or Alpine Type R 10’s

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductD...50-SC-210-V-09

Has anyone had experiences with either enclosure? I am leaning towards the sealed enclosure as I like deep deep bass and the fox box is tunes to 36hz. So essentially playing lower than the tuning frequency can damage your subs and I listen to a lot of music with ultra low frequencies. Any input is appreciated!

Old 04-01-2019, 12:00 AM

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by BigPun1982
Hey guys, I am an old “basshead” looking to add subs to my 18’ SCrew. I am having a hard time deciding between the following 2 boxes:

SubThump Rear Console box- using a large 12” sub, currently considering the SSA GCON. Powered by a JL 1000/1

http://subthump.com/Ford-F150-Superc...ack-New-1.html

FoxBox dual ported box. For this I am looking at the Sundown SA-10s or Alpine Type R 10’s

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductD...50-SC-210-V-09

Has anyone had experiences with either enclosure? I am leaning towards the sealed enclosure as I like deep deep bass and the fox box is tunes to 36hz. So essentially playing lower than the tuning frequency can damage your subs and I listen to a lot of music with ultra low frequencies. Any input is appreciated!
I just finished my install with the foxbox and two alpine type R 10’s and absolutely love it. I was also originally looking at a sub thump box and many people talked me out of it, and online reviews of their quality was bad. The foxbox quality is top notch and it sounds amazing I would highly recommend it.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Load and Charge

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I had a single Sundown 10” DVC sub in a box similar to the fox box you linked above; in my 13’ SCREW. It hit pretty hard, those subs are pretty wicked, but the enclosure wasn’t exactly the best fit and didn’t fit the sub real well.

In my 18’ I used a custom enclosure from Mobile Toys Inc which came loaded with a JL 12TW3. The fit is 100 times better and the sub is far more efficient then the Sundown was, that thing took some serious power. I’m running an Alpine PDX-V9 to power the components active and the sub off of the 5th channel and it hits harder and crisper then the SD 10 by far.

The price of the MTI enclosure was very reasonable and the quality is outstanding. I’d recommend them to anyone looking for a sub enclosure without a second thought.

there are pics of everything in my build thread if you want to hit the link in my sig.
Old 04-08-2019, 05:20 PM

Received 136 Likes on 94 Posts

When I found the console box from Subthump I was sold. After I found out how much it was to ship to Canada I decided to build my own for a fraction of the price. Took damn near the whole weekend but it was worth the time IMHO. I will be throwing everything back together later tonight and I will post some pics. Can't wait to hear my 12" Focal K2 sub
The following users liked this post:
PLASMAN (04-08-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 11:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know your looking at some deep subs, but I have a box with 4 10" jl audio tw1's if your interested! Fits under the rear seats

Old 04-13-2019, 04:18 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Post them in the For Sale section. Looks nice!

Quick Reply: 18 Screw subwoofer box help!