Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

'11 xtr oem radio swap for aftermarket. help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '11 xtr oem radio swap for aftermarket. help!

So my 2011 f150 5.0 xtr radio gave up on me recently. I had the flashing clock no sound so controls radio would go on and off so I took it out had someone look at it and they couldnt help me out so im looking to go aftermarket. thinking double din pioneer or kenwood so i know ill need the metra dash kit, antenna adapter, and the metra wiring harness. However my question is do I need the pac rp4-fd11 to have everything run properly or can I do without the extra $150 unit. Ive heard it is just for controlling sync and specail steering wheel controls like volume and hands free calling. any helo would be much appreciated
Old 09-04-2018, 12:53 PM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

I think there are a few threads about your year truck. If you have climate controls in the OEM head unit then you'll need some way of controlling them in the aftermarket head unit. Do a search.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Quick Reply: '11 xtr oem radio swap for aftermarket. help!