Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

11 F150 Lariat Will 6 1/2 fit in doors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 11 F150 Lariat Will 6 1/2 fit in doors?

I have a 11 lariat Supercrew. I am upgrading the system I already installed a Pioneer AVIC Z130BT. I also added the JL stealthbox, now its time to upgrade the mids. I would like to put 6 1/2 mids in all doors and found an adapter. I searched here but maybe my keywords were off. Anyone else done this?
Also if you have did you use components in the fronts and put the tweeter in the factory location? anybody know what size tweeter will fit?

Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by bcar; 08-31-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

I have 6.5" components in my front doors of my 11 FX2, but I did not have the Sony system so I did not have the A-pillars to use for the tweeter mounts.

The adapter that I bought didn't work, so I had to fab up and make my own mount for the 6.5" speaker. The only thing you will really want to watch out for is the mounting depth of the speaker as the window glass sits right behind the speaker in the door. I'm not sure what depth is the max, but there is a fair amount of room there to work with.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:18 PM

That helps, I am hoping to put a Focal component set in there.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Denver Ecoboost

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bcar
I have a 11 lariat Supercrew. I am upgrading the system I already installed a Pioneer AVIC Z130BT. I also added the JL stealthbox, now its time to upgrade the mids. I would like to put 6 1/2 mids in all doors and found an adapter. I searched here but maybe my keywords were off. Anyone else done this?
Also if you have did you use components in the fronts and put the tweeter in the factory location? anybody know what size tweeter will fit?

Thanks,
Bob
Bob,
That is exactly what I want to do to my 11 Screw. Do you have any pics and how does that JL stealth box sound?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:42 PM

The stealthbox is good, I have not really had a chance to finish up mounting it but I will soon. It appears it is going to hit pretty hard and be clear. I am running it with a Alpine PDX 1.600 and going to use a PDX 4.100 on the mids. I have a little bit of a holdup right now, none of the aftermarket mounting kits match the wood grain so I am trying to get it to match using a hydrofusion graphics place. I cut the factory piece and put a black trim around it for now, it looks ok. Also when I turn it up it seems every piece of trim in the truck rattles so once I make a decision here I will sound deaden every piece I can get my hands on. To make things a little easier I think I am going to go ahead and put 5 1/4 in the rear and a 6 1/2 component set in the front. I am just a little unsure of what tweeter size I can get away with. I don't want to cut the factory pillar. I will get some pics up after I get it finished up, it will probably be a few weeks.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 6.5 fosgate T-1652S on my 11 FX2. The shop who did the install, fabricated some custom mounts out of MDF for them to fit. I got a JL 13Tw5 enclosed on a custom box, that thing hits, I'm sure your going to love the stealthbox.

Quick Reply: 11 F150 Lariat Will 6 1/2 fit in doors?