Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

09-14 Tablet Center Stack Display

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 07:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 09-14 Tablet Center Stack Display

I understand this is an old topic and may not be very popular anymore but anyone running ipads as their monitor and happy with the setup.

I'm curious about the following:
1. Glitchy? I'm an iOS user and I know the need for a hard reset every so often but has there been a need to remove the iPad to conduct a reset (home button and side button hold down).
2. Audio, is everyone just using it as an auxiliary device? How have you resolved the Sync functions (switching between siruis, am/fm etc)
3. Is the backup camera function seamless or do i have to open and app each time I back up.

Any other comments.

Thanks ahead.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:47 PM

Bump
Old 04-30-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by moerod
I understand this is an old topic and may not be very popular anymore but anyone running ipads as their monitor and happy with the setup.

I'm curious about the following:
1. Glitchy? I'm an iOS user and I know the need for a hard reset every so often but has there been a need to remove the iPad to conduct a reset (home button and side button hold down).
2. Audio, is everyone just using it as an auxiliary device? How have you resolved the Sync functions (switching between siruis, am/fm etc)
3. Is the backup camera function seamless or do i have to open and app each time I back up.

Any other comments.

Thanks ahead.
Check this out.

https://www.f150forum.com/f37/ipad-i...models-252757/
Old 04-30-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab

thanks insaw thus but but pretty much dead thread. Looking for anyone with recent info?
Old 05-08-2017, 11:49 AM

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

I have been installing an android tablet and all the bells and whistles in my 05. Here are the issues I have run into. First, If you have a back up camera installed currently you will run into some issues. You will need to find a way to wire up the camera to the tablet. With an android tablet you only need to make sure your device supports "On The Go". Mine claimed it did, but doesn't. Power. Unless the tablet supports wireless charging you will need to have a way to route the power wire. For my set up I had to drill a hole in the dash, it isn't visible when the radio trim is installed so it isn't a big deal. Sync, having sync would lead me to believe you would be better off using a Microsoft tablet, but there are options.

The video has a list of what was used. The guy in the videos also sells mounts.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

https://store.audiodesignscg.com/pro...mini-dash-kit/
The following users liked this post:
Wyo11Scab (05-08-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 10:10 PM

Received 200 Likes on 104 Posts

here’s my option run thru Bluetooth I do not condone watching The Tampa Bay Bucs while driving !! iPad Pro 9.7"
but I can if I want to.
Attached Thumbnails 09-14 Tablet Center Stack Display-img_6457.jpg  

Last edited by caneman88; 05-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I can help!

I've been running an iPad mini retina in the dash of my truck for a while now. Here are the answers to your questions:

Glitchy: sometimes I've run into the standard ipad issues and needed to do a hard or soft reset. With Assistive Touch enabled, you won't have to worry about taking the ipad out of the frame to do resets. Set your accessibility shortcut (triple tap of the home button) to Assistive Touch and then you can use that menu to do anything.

Audio: Get one of these:
Amazon Amazon
Run an add a fuse from a powered accessory fuse location and hook up a cigarette adapter behind the radio to plug this guy in. It will power on when you power the truck up and turn off when you open the door. It provides the correct amperage to charge an iPad unlike the stock USB in the truck. Also it drastically improves audio quality. To switch sources you will have to use sync voice or hit the media button on the steering wheel. it all works flawlessly with updated sync software.

Backup cam: I've tried the WiFi backup camera options and TBH its too slow or buggy to actually work. I would look into getting a backup camera monitor that shows up in the rear view mirror or a separate monitor.

Additional notes: I jailbroke my ipad and installed activator. The iPad went from being a neat thing to show friends, to an indispensable part of my truck. I have the ipad unlock and pull up spotify and google maps automatically when I start the truck. Whenever I turn the truck off it automatically pauses the music, activates airplane mode to save battery, and locks the ipad. You can do all of that just through the "power connected/power disconnected" activator triggers. Also, I got a bluetooth remote and Velcroed it to the side of the steering wheel. bam. instant steering wheel controls of whatever is on the ipad. it's pretty great.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:17 PM

I have a mini 4 with cell service that I want to install. How might one go and jailbreak it?

Originally Posted by Nemothewhale
I can help!

I've been running an iPad mini retina in the dash of my truck for a while now. Here are the answers to your questions:

Glitchy: sometimes I've run into the standard ipad issues and needed to do a hard or soft reset. With Assistive Touch enabled, you won't have to worry about taking the ipad out of the frame to do resets. Set your accessibility shortcut (triple tap of the home button) to Assistive Touch and then you can use that menu to do anything.

Audio: Get one of these: https://www.amazon.com/HRT-Istreamer...=hrt+istreamer Run an add a fuse from a powered accessory fuse location and hook up a cigarette adapter behind the radio to plug this guy in. It will power on when you power the truck up and turn off when you open the door. It provides the correct amperage to charge an iPad unlike the stock USB in the truck. Also it drastically improves audio quality. To switch sources you will have to use sync voice or hit the media button on the steering wheel. it all works flawlessly with updated sync software.

Backup cam: I've tried the WiFi backup camera options and TBH its too slow or buggy to actually work. I would look into getting a backup camera monitor that shows up in the rear view mirror or a separate monitor.

Additional notes: I jailbroke my ipad and installed activator. The iPad went from being a neat thing to show friends, to an indispensable part of my truck. I have the ipad unlock and pull up spotify and google maps automatically when I start the truck. Whenever I turn the truck off it automatically pauses the music, activates airplane mode to save battery, and locks the ipad. You can do all of that just through the "power connected/power disconnected" activator triggers. Also, I got a bluetooth remote and Velcroed it to the side of the steering wheel. bam. instant steering wheel controls of whatever is on the ipad. it's pretty great.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Jail breaking is pretty complicated. Check out www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak