Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

'08 OEM Navi headunit or aftermarket?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '08 OEM Navi headunit or aftermarket?

I'm interested in replacing the OEM radio with a system that offers navi, camera inputs, and bluetooth for streaming music from my phone.
My local audio shop deals only in pioneer. They do great work...owner operated for 20 years so I'd like to work with and some big chain.
Has anyone replaced the oem radio with an aftermarket and has anyone bought an OEM nav unit? With an oem unit was reprogramming by the dealer required?
"Buyautoparts.com" sells a remanufactured OEM unit . Has anyone dealt with a remanufactured unit? Any problems?
Any recommendations as to which way to go?
Pictures please.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At BuyAutoParts.com we only deal with the best OEM radio remanufactures. Every radio is tested completely before and after the rebuild. We've been rebuilding other automotive parts like steering, ac, turbos, etc. for over 20 years.

We carry the OEM replacement navigation for your truck, but in my experience its not as easy or cost effective to try and swap this in. There are usually other components to make the navigation portion function properly. Again this is a general statement, your specific truck may bw way less difficult. We also carry an aftermarket add-on radio/cd/navigation unit that has an OE fit. These aftermarket units have an abundant amount of expandability when it comes to adding things like, cameras, dvd, mp3, ipods, Bluetooth, etc. Whichever direction you decide to take we are here to assist you. I am sure there are plenty of forum members here that will have more detailed information than I have given you, so please consider everything.

If you would like to discuss any thing further you can reach us at 1-888-907-7225

Thanks Andy @ BuyAutoParts.com

Quick Reply: '08 OEM Navi headunit or aftermarket?