Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

06 F150 Driver Speaker Won't Work? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 F150 Driver Speaker Won't Work? Help!

Hey guys just got myself a 06 F150 Crew Cab. I am having problems with the driver side speaker (only this one) not working. I have pulled the passenger side speaker out and swopped it with the driver speaker and nothing still. The speaker out of the driver side works when I place it on the passenger side. Could this be a H.U. problem? I have messed with all the settings on the H.U. and still nothing. I even checked the plug on the back of the H.U. to see if any wires were loose. If you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.

I apologize if there's another thread but I did a search and didn't see anything.

Thanks!!!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speaker output

Most head units in cars and trucks use IC's for output. Alot of times inside of the head unit they devolpe loose conections on the main board to the IC. Solving this problem is easy, if you know how to solder. The problem is in taking the head unit apart. Most factory units are difficult to take apart. Care must be taken not to damage any ribbon cables.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Before u decide to crack open your only 4 year old hu try and use a tester to see if your getting voltage out of the speaker wires themselves
Trace the problem back to it's source... You now know it's not the speaker u need to see if it's the factory conector,the wire or the hu

Quick Reply: 06 F150 Driver Speaker Won't Work? Help!