Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

'05 F150 aftermarket wiring ?

Old 07-16-2013, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 F150 aftermarket wiring ?

Hey. I recently bought a generic double din DVD/CD, navi unit directly from the chineese manufacturer. I also purchased the scosche wiring harness (FD23B). For the most part the wiring matches up and is pretty straight forward. What I can't figure out is the scosche harness has 4 brown wires, the specs say brown is for mute/not used. The aftermarket unit has one brown wire labeled "back". My question is do I not use these at all or if I do which scosche brown wire do I connect to the aftermarket brown wire (labeled "back")? I can't think for the life of me what function "back" refers to. The manufacturer has yet to respond. Any ideas?
Thanks!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoop513
Hey. I recently bought a generic double din DVD/CD, navi unit directly from the chineese manufacturer. I also purchased the scosche wiring harness (FD23B). For the most part the wiring matches up and is pretty straight forward. What I can't figure out is the scosche harness has 4 brown wires, the specs say brown is for mute/not used. The aftermarket unit has one brown wire labeled "back". My question is do I not use these at all or if I do which scosche brown wire do I connect to the aftermarket brown wire (labeled "back")? I can't think for the life of me what function "back" refers to. The manufacturer has yet to respond. Any ideas?
Thanks!!!
I would say back is for a reverse camera. I would not connect it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '05 F150 aftermarket wiring ?