Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Please help me figure this out.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me figure this out.

My truck is a '98 F-150 Lariat. It has the 4.6L motor w/ automatic transmission. It has around 220,000 miles on it. This truck was a wedding gift. The first thing I noticed was a leaky windshield. Fixed that. Next I gave a little bit of a tune up. I replaced the spark plugs, coil packs, EGR valve, pressure feedback sensor, vacuum solenoid valve, fuel pump, fuel filter and wiper motor. The wipers, power windows, power door locks and power mirror adjusters will not work. It will not go into 4 wheel drive. The check engine light is not on and when I hooked it up to a reader it said "no codes". I have checked the fuses and they're good. What would cause all these electronic failures? The truck had a a bad miss and even backfired a few times before the tune up and has never given any codes at all. I don't have access to anything better than a simple code reader. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:10 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join us.

Maybe try posting in the threads for that year and engine?
Old 05-13-2019, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I had a 2005 and there are 2 relays mounted in engine compartment up on the firewall left side ,don’t know if that help are not

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help me figure this out.