Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Newbie with some questions

Old 12-25-2012, 09:15 PM

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Newbie with some questions

Alright guys, I have been on here for a while mainly reading over the forums. I am currently looking at a possible purchase on a 2011 EB Platinum 4x4. My question to you guys is if there is anything I should keep an eye out when I take a look at it in person. I know it is the 1st year the EB's came out and I know there were people having issues with their engines which mainly resulted in a re-flash the computer from the dealers. So I guess I just wanted to get some input from you guys.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

check the truck over before you even leave the lot. my dad just bought a 2012 EB a month or two ago. the truck has paint missing all over the cab. he found a few more spots on the truck that are missing paint as well. this truck was brand new when he bought it.

hes taking it in to the dealer tomorrow to get some of the areas painted but he told me he aint keeping it.

someone didnt inspect the vehicle very well.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd say treat like any other vehicle. Drive it, feel and listen for anything that doesn't sound right. Visually inspect the entire outside and interior of the truck, and under the doors, on top of the truck. Others on this forum have noticed areas that aren't painted, and bad body wields on the top of their truck. Hopefully you'll get one with no issues, and good luck.
Ricky
Old 12-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Chris

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbafinch07
I'd say treat like any other vehicle. Drive it, feel and listen for anything that doesn't sound right. Visually inspect the entire outside and interior of the truck, and under the doors, on top of the truck. Others on this forum have noticed areas that aren't painted, and bad body wields on the top of their truck. Hopefully you'll get one with no issues, and good luck.
Ricky
bad welds was another problem he noticed. wasnt aware others had the same problem.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:31 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks for joining the forum.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a '12 EB as well and also noticed paint chips around the truck. I attributed it to the truck being a demo, but since the touch ups ive noticed the paint chip way to easily. Overall the truck is great, but lacks that minute attention to detail that I would expect of a nice truck. The dealer did the initial touch ups, but we'll see if I need to take any other issues to them.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:15 PM

Received 60 Likes on 38 Posts

where did you guys find the most issues with the paint? I am pretty particular when it comes to my cars, so i definitely will give it a thorough walk around on the exterior as well as the interior. Also, where did you guys find issues with welds? I was initially more curious about drivetrain issues at first being it was the 1st year for the EB's but now that there are some other things to pay close attention to since this truck doesn't even have 25k on the odometer yet, i do appreciate the heads up.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look on the bottom edges of the doors. Also, on the roof gutters/seams.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie with some questions