Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Member From High Desert of California

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Resident Piņata

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default New Member From High Desert of California

Hello all,

I'm going by the name of "Opinyawn" as my opinions will probably put you to sleep! I'm a 70 yr. old retired school teacher who has built classic Chevy's & Corvettes , but owns a Supercharged Roush Mustang and a 2012 F150 Ecoboost 4x4 crew cab at present. Sorry, but I'm one of those guys that likes any brand of car/truck/gun... if it does it better! I've been a varmint hunter & accuracy shooter for 50 years enjoying guns & gun sports, but I'm not a "Gun Nut"! I love horsepower, but am against street racing as a selfish, childish act that risks other people's lives!

As an ex-teacher of biology, history & political science I taught my students to base all their Opinyawns in "fact" not simply unproven opinions & myths. I think that's even a good idea as related to trucks, cars, guns, and even politics. By fact I mean: "Data that can be proven to be accurate to any reasonable man!" Most of what we call fact in an argument is just our opinion! Just ask my wife! LOL!

Look forward to chatting with you all,

Opinyawn
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 AM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by opinyawn
Hello all,

I'm going by the name of "Opinyawn" as my opinions will probably put you to sleep! I'm a 70 yr. old retired school teacher who has built classic Chevy's & Corvettes , but owns a Supercharged Roush Mustang and a 2012 F150 Ecoboost 4x4 crew cab at present. Sorry, but I'm one of those guys that likes any brand of car/truck/gun... if it does it better! I've been a varmint hunter & accuracy shooter for 50 years enjoying guns & gun sports, but I'm not a "Gun Nut"! I love horsepower, but am against street racing as a selfish, childish act that risks other people's lives!

As an ex-teacher of biology, history & political science I taught my students to base all their Opinyawns in "fact" not simply unproven opinions & myths. I think that's even a good idea as related to trucks, cars, guns, and even politics. By fact I mean: "Data that can be proven to be accurate to any reasonable man!" Most of what we call fact in an argument is just our opinion! Just ask my wife! LOL!

Look forward to chatting with you all,

Opinyawn
Welcome to the site!!!

Side note: I see why your opinion was 4 paragraphs long in the gun thread.. You're a teacher.. Great points that you added to the table...
Old 06-09-2012, 06:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the forum
Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 AM

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Resident Piņata

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by KingRanch4Life
Welcome to the site!!!

Side note: I see why your opinion was 4 paragraphs long in the gun thread.. You're a teacher.. Great points that you added to the table...
Yup! An occupational hazard... being windy & having opinions!

Quick Reply: New Member From High Desert of California