Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default New member

Spent a lot of time reading different posts on here and finally pulled the trigger on a 2017, 3.5 EB on 2/13.
6.5 bed, FX4, Lariat.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
Reg. cab, super cab, or crew cab ?
Be sure to post up a pic when you can !
Old 02-17-2017, 05:16 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Received 360 Likes on 356 Posts

Congrats on your new '17. Sweet truck for sure!
Old 02-19-2017, 08:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome and congrats on your new !150!
Old 02-20-2017, 09:44 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum boards. Glad to have you join!

Got any fun plans for the truck? :-)
Old 03-30-2017, 04:57 PM

Default Ford Dealers

I am so tired of working on this truck purchase. Got a call first of this week, my truck has arrived 2.5 weeks early !
Fine with me lets get it taken care of, filled out all financial paperwork and got a call the next day all is good.

Text the next day asking if I would like a FREE Rhino liner ?? Ok what's up? checked with my aftermarket guy and he says Rhino is fine , just a bit softer so will need repairs down the road. So I said thanks but nixed the dealer gift . Dealer --Ok well we will just prep it for you so you can save some money when you get the liner installed,,,, Me --- No you don't , I don't want yall to start and someone else finish the job.

Now my suspicions are WAY up . Here comes the story , Well my prep guy got ahead of me and has already sanded the tailgate . I lost it !!!!
You understand that I do not own this truck yet , you own it.

Told him I needed to hang up before I said something I would regret.

Sales manager called and I did not take his call instead I took a trip to the dealer and walked in and talked to him face to face. By then I had calmed a bit and what really had happened is ,their make ready guy had taken my truck back instead of another one and started on it before the salesman caught the problem.
Biggest issue for me was the cover up . Its not something that cant be fixed . I make mistakes all the time but I raise my hand and owe up to it .

If the salesman would have done that first hand there would have been no problem , we would have gone the short route to where we are now . Funny thing is when I looked at the truck , it had the wrong tailgate anyway . I ordered the tailgate assist and step
And some dealers wonder why they have such trust issues across the board .

Just tell the TRUTH to start with ,, its a lot easier and faster way to the end result that everyone wants.

They found another truck and are transferring from another dealer then will swap tailgates and do all the make-ready and such.

Ok I'm done and will get off my soapbox. Ill post some pictures of the truck when I get it.

Whew, I feel better.
Old 03-30-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 377 Likes on 283 Posts

Congratulations and welcome!
Old 03-30-2017, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Hmm I wonder If you are getting the truth ?

When I bought mine , I suggested they swap tailgates with another truck , because I wanted the step!
They absolutely refused ... said it would not match the sticker on the other truck and they could not do that.....

Good luck on getting it resolved
Old 04-17-2017, 04:24 PM

Picked up the new truck . Took it to shop to have leveling kit , spray in liner, tool box , grill guard, and running boards installed. Tool box, and grill guard are liner sprayed like the bed.

Few little items that it will have to go back for but all in all I like the truck .
Have to spend lots of time reading on everything it will do. the thing is much smarter than me.
The Auto fuel saving stop start is a bit concerning though. Shuts off every time you stop. That's got to be hard on the starter.

Engine is way to strong! I said Id really have to be careful because its so quiet and smooth . Its really quick ! I was right , had it a day and half before I got stopped for speeding. I was laughing when the officer walked up. Explained the deal, he gave me a warning.

Ill try to get some pictures up soon as I can.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

ha ha I know what you mean , I have to look in the mirror to see the bed to remember I'm not driving a mustang ! lol

Be sure to get those pics up