Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to Forum, 3rd Ford F-150 truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Forum, 3rd Ford F-150 truck

Hi all and Greetings from Canada

I am 49 yrs old, married to the love of my life and I am new to this whole Forum thing. I just picked up my 3rd Ford truck from the dealer about two weeks ago. It's a blue 2017 F-150 XTR crewcab 4X4, 6.5 ft box and with the 5.0L V8 and plenty of damn chrome to polish!! This is my second new one, the previous one was a grey 2011 XLT extended cab 4X4 also with the 5.0L. The oldest one was a 1989 F-150 2wdr reg cab that I bought used in 2004 as my back and forth to work beater.

So I have a couple of issues with the new 2017 truck which I find extremely disconcerting.

1) While going on a short road trip last weekend with the family, about 4 hrs one way, the Tire pressure monitoring light came on and an error message flashed on the screen stating there was a "tire pressure monitoring system fault" Checked the tires pressures right away, even the spare and all were dead on. The light turned itself off after driving for another half hour or so but came on intermittently during the rest of the trip and the trip home, when I booked it in to get looked at.
2) My wife was driving it today when suddenly all of the dashboard lights and controls went dead. The engine still ran and the truck drove OK but all the gauges were zeroed, the touch screen went blank, the HVAC system stopped working and the power windows would not work. She pulled into a parking lot, shut the truck off and restarted it. It was only after waiting for 10 or 20 seconds after the restart that the systems came back on line and started working normally again.

There is only 3100 Kms on the truck (around 1900 miles for my American friends) and I am concerned. Did I get a lemon? Disappointing for sure. It is at the dealer now but they say they have never heard of this before. I am hoping we get this fixed up because I REALLY like the new truck! Has anyone had these issues before? Could the TPS system faults and the loss of power to the dashboard systems be connected? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I enjoy looking at all the photos of the awesome trucks out there. I will post some photos of mine when it comes back from dealer!!