Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

<New comer to the F150forum.com website thank you for having me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question <New comer to the F150forum.com website thank you for having me!

Well wanted to introduce myself, and say hello to everyone!

First off I am John AKA: Mr_Shadetree, I just recently traded for a 1984 Ford F-150 w/300 CI I-6, and this is my first I-6 so bear with me till I get the Hang of this particular engine! And if I ask a dumb question please do not insult me, I do try my very best to research before i post as not to waste anyones time with my silly questions!

How I aquired this truck is a wonderful story: vehicle traded for the truck was a 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan w/200,000 miles on it, needed front struts front end alignment, and front tires,and needed A/C serviced and well the truck I traded for again is a 1984 Ford F-150 w/300Ci I-6 with a fresh Motor (125 miles currently) with a fresh transmission (125 miles aswell) and a fresh rear-end (also 125 miles on it) so just completed the first leg of my break in stage waiting to copmplete the final leg of 500 miles before puling bass boat and camper! But in the mean-time i have a bunch of odd and end things to get done before i can pull the boat anyways!!
Long list of things to get done
new carburetor (I will be needing help with this one folks)
fabricating ad or aquiring duct work to make a cold air intake to feed the new carburetor ( I will be needing help with this one folks)
replacing rear leaf spring hangers and shackles (currently in air getting replaced)
trailer hitch purchased & installed (exhaust is causing an issue with this project as the exhaust is running down the frame rail blocking the bolt up)
exhaust moving and or replacement (in the way of trailer hitch being installed)
rear bumper replacement (or atleast painting it to make it presentable)
lots of cosmetic work to be done (rear quarter pass. side, re-align both front fenders, re-align hood etc.)
paint and or alter or replace the current grille (ugllllllllllly as sin its self)
wheel and tire replacement (wheels are uglllllllly, and tires are starting to dry-rot and crack in the treadline)

This is just a small list of many things to get done since I can't drag the bass boat yet so while I am waiting maybe you all could or would assist with a few of the projects I will be needing help with!! A couple of them are out of my league.. well anyways that's about it for now and I will be following this thread to see where it goes and what sort of responce I receive, and see if any helping hands are interested in tackling my projects!!

also will I be needing to open new threads in appropriate catagories in order to get help with each one or just do a run-off of this thread for help needed? please advise on this issue thanks!
Mr_Shadetree
Old 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bump
Old 09-22-2014, 03:23 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Shadetree
Well wanted to introduce myself, and say hello to everyone!

First off I am John AKA: Mr_Shadetree, I just recently traded for a 1984 Ford F-150 w/300 CI I-6, and this is my first I-6 so bear with me till I get the Hang of this particular engine! And if I ask a dumb question please do not insult me, I do try my very best to research before i post as not to waste anyones time with my silly questions!

How I aquired this truck is a wonderful story: vehicle traded for the truck was a 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan w/200,000 miles on it, needed front struts front end alignment, and front tires,and needed A/C serviced and well the truck I traded for again is a 1984 Ford F-150 w/300Ci I-6 with a fresh Motor (125 miles currently) with a fresh transmission (125 miles aswell) and a fresh rear-end (also 125 miles on it) so just completed the first leg of my break in stage waiting to copmplete the final leg of 500 miles before puling bass boat and camper! But in the mean-time i have a bunch of odd and end things to get done before i can pull the boat anyways!!
Long list of things to get done
new carburetor (I will be needing help with this one folks)
fabricating ad or aquiring duct work to make a cold air intake to feed the new carburetor ( I will be needing help with this one folks)
replacing rear leaf spring hangers and shackles (currently in air getting replaced)
trailer hitch purchased & installed (exhaust is causing an issue with this project as the exhaust is running down the frame rail blocking the bolt up)
exhaust moving and or replacement (in the way of trailer hitch being installed)
rear bumper replacement (or atleast painting it to make it presentable)
lots of cosmetic work to be done (rear quarter pass. side, re-align both front fenders, re-align hood etc.)
paint and or alter or replace the current grille (ugllllllllllly as sin its self)
wheel and tire replacement (wheels are uglllllllly, and tires are starting to dry-rot and crack in the treadline)

This is just a small list of many things to get done since I can't drag the bass boat yet so while I am waiting maybe you all could or would assist with a few of the projects I will be needing help with!! A couple of them are out of my league.. well anyways that's about it for now and I will be following this thread to see where it goes and what sort of responce I receive, and see if any helping hands are interested in tackling my projects!!

also will I be needing to open new threads in appropriate catagories in order to get help with each one or just do a run-off of this thread for help needed? please advise on this issue thanks!
Mr_Shadetree
All your information is belong to us.

Quick Reply: <New comer to the F150forum.com website thank you for having me!