Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need advice concerning slide in truck camper

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice concerning slide in truck camper

Hi, this is Bill, a new forum member. Seeking advice concerning desire to purchase 2019 Lance 650 truck camper, with a listed dry weight of 1694#. My 2013 F150, with 7350# listed GVWR package has 5.0 V8, 3.55 rear axle and trailer tow package. But the truck lists a combined passenger/bed capacity of 1578#. I have been advised to add 10 ply tires to handle the weight, along with rear air suspension bags for stability. I have read that carry capacity can be increased by adding a leaf to the springs, but also to see how vehicle handles prior to installation. I have concerns that added options will exceed my trucks carrying capacity, since it weighs 5920#, with full tank of gas and me. Removing tail gate and bed cover may decrease that by 80-100#. But 7350-6920 only leaves 1430# carrying capacity. The Lance dealer says the truck can handle it and has seen others do it. Is this doable or not? Should I add a leaf to the springs prior to initial loading of camper or see how it performs and then add? Anything else I can do to increase the load carrying capacity of this truck? Any advice appreciated.

Quick Reply: Need advice concerning slide in truck camper