Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lost My Gear Display

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lost My Gear Display

Help! Somehow, someway, I lost the display that tells me what gear the 10 speed transmission is in on the digital dash. Anyone have an idea on how to get it to display again. I can't seem to find it on any of the selections in normal english.
Old 03-17-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Push the +/- button on the shift ****.
The following users liked this post:
kc8nci (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 03:03 PM

Ill give it a try...
Old 03-18-2017, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
Show us a pic of the new truck
Old 03-18-2017, 07:16 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

It is in your manual also. Download manual pdfs on all your devices and you can search them. Owner.ford.com
Old 03-18-2017, 07:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum. One of my first posts on this forum was almost verbatim the same as yours.

For some reason apparently known only to some Ford software guy, if you push the +/- rocker switch on your shift lever, it turns the display off/on. There is a feature that allows you to lock out the higher gears that uses that rocker switch and is described in the manual but it doesn't say anything about making the display disappear and how to get it back.

It seems like it's kind of a right of entry here that this is often the first noobie question asked.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:47 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by PittsDriver
Welcome to the forum. One of my first posts on this forum was almost verbatim the same as yours.

For some reason apparently known only to some Ford software guy, if you push the +/- rocker switch on your shift lever, it turns the display off/on. There is a feature that allows you to lock out the higher gears that uses that rocker switch and is described in the manual but it doesn't say anything about making the display disappear and how to get it back.

It seems like it's kind of a right of entry here that this is often the first noobie question asked.
Thanks Everyone
Just a touch of the button on the side of the shifter did the trick... I'm sure its in the manual but as it was at home and I was at work i figured i would try the forum first.

This is my first Ford personally owned since my '74 F100. I am very impressed with the truck. I hauled a heavy trailer over the weekend and it pulled just like my Avalanche with the V-8.

Thanks again for the assist.... Ill put up pics of the truck after giving it a bath!