Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Its cool to drive trucks in NYC right?

Old 05-29-2019, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its cool to drive trucks in NYC right?

Hey All!

Well my first ever car... was actually a Ford Truck, and some 18 years later I'm back with the best. Just picked up a 15' F-150 Lariat with a nice 501A package. She came with a nice 6" lift kit and 20" Fuel rims wrapped in Mastercraft M/T tires.
I also have a little brother: a 400HP 2-door Audi, which is fun, but I needed something to just do anything and everything, and I couldn't be happier.

Problem is... she doesnt run AT ALL.
Ask me about it and i'd gladly tell you why

Last edited by mattpatt01; 05-29-2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:31 PM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by mattpatt01
Problem is... she doesnt run AT ALL.
Ask me about it and i'd gladly tell you why
Ok, I'll bite...
Old 05-29-2019, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha, Interior fire damage. It had to have been from the top dashboard tray, and caught fire, went straight down into the HVAC ducts and melted the entire dash wire harness. How they salvaged a $32k truck for that I do not know... must be labor costs. But for me, it's going to be earned in sweat-equity for sure.

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Want to guess how much I won it for?
Old 05-30-2019, 12:39 AM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

haha, Interior fire damage. It had to have been from the top dashboard tray, and caught fire, went straight down into the HVAC ducts and melted the entire dash wire harness. How they salvaged a $32k truck for that I do not know... must be labor costs. But for me, it's going to be earned in sweat-equity for sure.
Not sure how you made my quote look like I said, "Want to guess how much I won it for?"... but yes. How much did you "win" it for? I'm assuming because you said "win", you bought it at an auction?
Old 05-30-2019, 01:23 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

Because fire is like water damage. You not only have the **** directly affected by flame, but smoke tends to permeate everything(even metal), and even replacing everything in sight sometimes doesn't get rid of the smell. The worst part is getting to all the electrics/electronics that were damaged. A lot of it doesn't appear to have been, but got smoked and/or exposed to heat long enough to cause problems that don't necessarily show themselves 'til down the road after [you think] everything's been 'repaired'
My advice is to start drinking heavily replace EVERY electrical component cab-forward, and of course the harness(es)
Hopefully you've got experience R&Ring auto electrics, as this kind of **** is not for the FNG
Old 05-30-2019, 12:51 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join us.

Sounds like quite the project!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Its cool to drive trucks in NYC right?