Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hilltop weldor

Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Hilltop weldor

I just logged on to this site looking for some answers to my problems with this 97 F-150 I've just aquired. It seems as tho the guy that had it before me had a low battery, so he boosted it with a battery charger that had one of those car starter settings with 200 amps. Well it started but now the guage panel does not work. The panel lights, and warning lights such as abs all work but the oil pressure, voltmeter, tach, speedometer and temp. guages do not. In all my looking I cannot find the fuses or a diagram of the fuse layout. can anybody help me out?
Old 06-25-2008, 12:53 AM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

Welcome to the site! I can't help but maybe someone else can.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Check all the fuses with a Volt meter. Make sure they are all good. There are 2 5 amp fuses, 1 20 amp and one 30 amp that control the cluster. Best to check all the fuses. Look in your owners manual for fuel panel locations. Your truck can have more than one.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy dash guages dillema

Originally Posted by NGM
Check all the fuses with a Volt meter. Make sure they are all good. There are 2 5 amp fuses, 1 20 amp and one 30 amp that control the cluster. Best to check all the fuses. Look in your owners manual for fuel panel locations. Your truck can have more than one.
I've checked all that I could find. But can you tell me exactly where those three are located? I do appreciate the info you've passed on. It gives me at least a clue. The manuel tells me where the panels are but doe's not tell me the specifics or diagram of what each fuse controls. What were they thinking?
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 AM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hilltop weldor