Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello From Ontario, Canada.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello From Ontario, Canada.

Hello all, and thanks for having me. I was a member here a few years back after I bought my 2010 FX4 SCREW forgot my password and changed email and was never able to log back into the old account. So its time now to upgrade my ride. Looking at current discounts and hoping to squeeze a little deeper discounts out of a 2017. In talks with a couple dealers. I do have a question though........I like the 5.0L and 3.5L but Im curious on opinions of the 2.7L. Have one dealer and an ex Ford mechanic telling me to stay away from the 2.7 for now. Any opinions. Sorry as I'm sure this has been discussed here a lot and I will do a search to see what I find. But I've been made a decent offer by one dealer on a 2017 DEMO Sport Screw loaded with 9800km added accessories......etc. I am expecting a call here shortly and going into dealer tomorrow.

Thanks in advance, please don't scold me for asking a question that's likely been asked or discussed repeatedly....lol. Just answer if you're willing.

Cheers!
Old 12-13-2017, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems people like the 2.7L from what I'm reading. Yes I'm not at all up to speed. The decision to buy a new truck has come onto me rather quickly and I've not done nearly the research I typically would have.......
Old 12-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
Share a pic of the new truck with us when you get it.

My personal opinion....
The 2.7 is great if you use the truck as a grocery getter.
If you plan on towing or hauling stuff the 5.0 or 3.5 are the better options.

The 3.5 is the Max-tow vehicle, but initial cost is higher, and longevity on twin turbo engines is always a concern.
The 5.0 is a tried and true good ole American V8, less $ but a little less gas mileage too.

But there a guys on this forum with lifted trucks and bigger tires with the 2.7, and they say it has plenty of power !

I'm old and stuck with the V8, my suggestion is to go drive all 3.
That way you have seat of the pants data to help you decide.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!

Quick Reply: Hello From Ontario, Canada.