Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Hello from New Orleans

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from New Orleans

Hi all. New to forum. Just picked up a new Ruby Red F-150 XLT Screw, well optioned, 5.0. Also have a '99 Silverado that I bought new and maintained myself for the past 20 years. Went with Ford because I didn't like the professional reviews of GM's new platform. Time will tell if that was a good decision. Big shoes to fill since the old '99 has been wonderful. But alas it's a beater with 260K mi and failing paint. Plans for the F-150 are to ferry the weekend load of stuff as my wife and I head out to our rural 50 acres in Mississippi, pull my flatbed trailer on occasion, and in a few years a camper, as we enter retirement. Had the truck only a few days now. Everything is as expected, meaning no issues. The only thing about this endeavor that for me went in the wrong direction, is the height of the bedsides. We can no longer reach in over the sides as we did with the Chevy. We have our workarounds, but I'm already considering some lowering shackles for the rear, and I'm thinking air-shocks to level the truck under tongue weight as would possibly become necessary after the shackles? My hobbies include wrenching and racing (built a V8 Mazda RX7), driving my C5 ZO6, outdoors, great wife, dogs, enjoying empty nestism, ham radio, a career in cyclotron operations, and helping my son who has a BS in Computer Science but prefers to open a detailing shop. Looking forward to good discussion. Thanks.
Leon Zebrick (Zeeb)
Old 06-12-2019, 06:38 AM

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,232 Posts

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join. Enjoy your new purchase.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:12 AM
Veteran, retired Navy..

Received 2,008 Likes on 1,704 Posts

Welcome..

Quick Reply: Hello from New Orleans