Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Greetings From Tampa

Old 07-18-2017, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings From Tampa

Well I pulled the trigger. I sold my motorcycle and went hunting for a truck. After looking at over 30 trucks I finally pulled the trigger on a 2006 F150 STX 4x4. It was the best one out of all the ones I looked at in my price range that didn't have some major issues.

I might have spent more than what I wanted finance wise but I am keeping it for about 3-4 year then getting what I really want, an f250 diesel with all the bells and whistles.

I am having the dealer put on new tires at their cost because there was a little shaking on the front and I knew it was the tires. They are eating the $1500 cost of the tires after I negotiated with them.

Anywho, this should get me to where I want to hunt and camp as well as those nice fishing spots that I used to have to walk 3 miles to because the civic could not get me there.

Is there any thing I should really know about this truck? I tried to do as much research as I could but feel that first person knowledge is best.

I am thinking of changing the headlights to LED and also the tail lights, tint all around, and I will be adding the backup camera with screen that I have to it as well(Been sitting in a baox for a year now, it was a good deal).
Attached Images    
Old 07-24-2017, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
That's a sharp truck
What tires are those ? and are they very noisey/loud?
Old 07-24-2017, 12:24 PM

Received 220 Likes on 150 Posts

Interesting truck and you got ***** of steel riding a motorcycle in this area lol.
The following users liked this post:
chimmike (07-24-2017)
Old 07-25-2017, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Phil48315
Welcome to the forum !
That's a sharp truck
What tires are those ? and are they very noisey/loud?
they were wranglers but they were out of balance so i had them put 4 new tires on it at their cost before I signed paperwork. The new ones are BF goodrich AT T/A KO2. So they at the $$1100 it would have been on me for them and I made sure they didn't try and sneak it in the cost.

They are not loud surprisingly.

here is what it looks like with new shoes:
Attached Thumbnails Greetings From Tampa-truck-side.jpg   Greetings From Tampa-tires.jpg  
Old 07-25-2017, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Speedfreak400
Interesting truck and you got ***** of steel riding a motorcycle in this area lol.
Isn't that the truth! I had been almost hit more time I can count and I was riding like I had some sense! It is like people down here try and hit you to see how many points they get.

Plus I was an Auqarider more than i care to have been with these freak storms that come out of nowhere.

Search this Thread