Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FNG... from a Taco to a SCREW

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FNG... from a Taco to a SCREW

So, after a long run with Toyota's, most recently a 16' Tacoma, I went and got myself an F150. The tacoma was ok, but the 3rd gens have been tainted with a very underwhelming transmission, which was livable until I got a ski boat. A few trips with it had me shopping. Having already owned a few Tundras that never passed a gas station they didn't like, I decided to go with some "new" technology and give the F150 a try.

So... the Tacoma was lightly modded - 4Runner Pro wheels, BFG tires, derp'd grill, de badged, and a few other odds and ends. Was a 16' TRD Off-road 4x4.

The new truck... 17' XLT SCREW FX4 w/max trailer package. Floor liners have been ordering, next is a trifold bed cover, spray in bed liner, and tailgate damper kit. Few months from now it'll probably get leveled and new shoes...

I look forward to learning and asking stupid questions without using the search function. I'm still a member on TacomaWorld, which is a great forum and following, hopefully this is the same. I've still got a 3rd Gen 4Runner, so I'll continue to keep tabs there.
Attached Thumbnails FNG... from a Taco to a SCREW-image1.jpeg   FNG... from a Taco to a SCREW-img_1351.jpg   FNG... from a Taco to a SCREW-img_1352.jpg   FNG... from a Taco to a SCREW-resized_20170420_190839.jpeg  
Old 06-26-2017, 09:03 AM
Senior Member: Will

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cgrhyne
So, after a long run with Toyota's, most recently a 16' Tacoma, I went and got myself an F150. The tacoma was ok, but the 3rd gens have been tainted with a very underwhelming transmission, which was livable until I got a ski boat. A few trips with it had me shopping. Having already owned a few Tundras that never passed a gas station they didn't like, I decided to go with some "new" technology and give the F150 a try.

So... the Tacoma was lightly modded - 4Runner Pro wheels, BFG tires, derp'd grill, de badged, and a few other odds and ends. Was a 16' TRD Off-road 4x4.

The new truck... 17' XLT SCREW FX4 w/max trailer package. Floor liners have been ordering, next is a trifold bed cover, spray in bed liner, and tailgate damper kit. Few months from now it'll probably get leveled and new shoes...

I look forward to learning and asking stupid questions without using the search function. I'm still a member on TacomaWorld, which is a great forum and following, hopefully this is the same. I've still got a 3rd Gen 4Runner, so I'll continue to keep tabs there.
This had me rolling this morning, welcome aboard!
Old 07-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Welcome to the forum !
Sharp truck
Old 07-07-2017, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just did the same thing, went from a 2010 Tundra to a 17 black SCrew, 5.0, XLT. Loving it so far.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:09 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 boards, glad to have you join us.

Any fun performance mods planned for the truck? :-)