Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First time truck/Ford owner ('11 Red Candy Fx4 EB)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time truck/Ford owner ('11 Red Candy Fx4 EB)

Hey thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself. I've been checking out the site for a couple of weeks now and love all of the information available. I've never owned a truck before so this site has been a huge help. I should be picking up my fx4 from the dealership this friday.

I plan on:

1) Usb2 mod
2) Blacking out the running boards (not a fan of the chrome since nothing else on the truck has chrome)
3) Leveling kit- Not sure how much or what kind since I know nothing about trucks yet.
4) BakflipG2 cover (More expensive than I would have liked to purchase but I love the way it looks compared to one that sticks up a lot)
5) Bigger tires. Not sure if I'm going to get new wheels or not. i like the 20's but would like something I can take offroading. I also know nothing about changing tire sizes but am willing to learn.

Hopefully these pics of the truck at the dealer upload correctly. The truck is a new '11 red candy fx4 ecoboost with nav, moonroof, running boards, spray in liner, window tint, fx4 luxury package. Oh it also has that old man get in the bed assist thingy that I'll never use.
Attached Images    
Old 05-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .. Lots of good guys and info here... Nice looking truck man
Old 05-12-2011, 04:26 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought that truck and dealership looked familiar....I checked that truck out when it was on the showroom floor while I waited on my truck to get serviced a few weeks ago. Nice looking one....congrats and welcome.....

Last edited by nrceptr; 05-18-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by nrceptr
I thought that truck and dealership looked familiar....I checked that truck out when it was on the showroom floor while I waited on my truck to get service a few weeks ago. Nice looking one....contracts and welcome.

Yea I see you live down in New Orleans. I'll be picking it up in Harvey this friday i think. Luckily my roommate is nice enough to drive me down there (5 hr drive). I'm stationed over in mississippi right now and this was the closest fx4 that met my specs.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 PM

I purchased my truck from there in Aug of last year. You picked a good color/equip combo and good choice on your first truck. There are a lot of good guys/girls here. I've spent countless hours reading old posts, which is why my own post count is low. Enjoy.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:15 PM
For I am Winter Born

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice truck.....welcome to the site.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Boost Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice truck, that red is growing on me
Old 05-22-2011, 11:50 PM

Wow okay so change of plans. I was headed to pick up my truck, got about an hour into the drive and thought I would call the dealership to make sure everything was okay. The salesman who I'd been working with (a brand new guy) told me that there might be a slight problem. Well the slight problem ended up being they already sold my truck to someone who walked on the lot and wanted to buy it. This is after I told them I was going to purchase the vehicle and was driving 5 hours for it. They most likely got more money from that person. Either way the guy was never going to call me to tell me that they sold the vehicle; I would have found out only after driving 5 hours to the dealership.

The salesman then tried to sell me one of 3 other trucks they had in their lot that were "exactly" the same as the one I had already told them I was going to purchase. They were just different colors (silver, grey, and black). He told me that they were about 250 cheaper but tried to play it off like he was cutting me a deal for the mixup when in reality I already knew they would be cheaper b/c the red candy metallic paint job is about $250 more expensive.

After awhile I got pretty fed up with this guy and asked to talk to his manager who eventually offered an additional $500 discount for the SNAFU. Even though I was pretty irritated with this dealership I told him I would go ahead and purchase the sterling grey (dont like the silver and I've had a black car for awhile so wasn't interested in that). He told me he would go run some numbers and get back to me (I'm pulled over on the side of the road this entire time in some random small town). Well he calls me back and regrets to inform me that the sterling grey actually wasn't available anymore!

So basically trying to wrap up a long story this dealership was all sorts of messed up. I told them I was no longer in a car buying mood and turned around and headed back home. They then had the nerve to call me back the next night and double check and see if I was sure I didn't want the black or silver one........really??

I've now purchased another truck of similar specs and it's being delivered next saturday. I'll post pictures of it once it arrives. Hopefully everything with this dealer will turn out problem free.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:02 AM

Sorry to hear about that....that was a sweet color...I had a friend that worked for one of their partner lots and bought it through him to help him out...hopefully this dealer you're working with will be good to you...best of luck to ya and post some pics when you get it.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:58 PM

Finally got my new truck! It's similar to the truck I was going to get but has 18s instead of 20's. Also doesnt have a bedliner/window tint but I plan on doing that this weekend!

Quick Reply: First time truck/Ford owner ('11 Red Candy Fx4 EB)