Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Factory Keypad Code Stolen 2016 f150

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Keypad Code Stolen 2016 f150

I had this happen and researched many times. Know one had a sure answer. I have now and wanted to pass on the information. First off - I was a dumb ***. I forgot to lock one night, some one got in and took my card that was nicely placed in my owners manual.

After 3 break ins I finally figured it out. Researched on the web. No clear answers. Contacted my local ford and they stated Factory Code could not be changed. Seems to me like a stupid thing. I mean, it is a computer One person told me just the computer itself was $1500.00 with install and program not included. So there was no way to secure my truck from this person.

Contacted my insurance company. Full coverage and they could do nothing I purchased a driven way alarm and placed in truck. The alarm worked every time, but now I had to wait, then confront someone.

Another person from insurance called and said they would try to help. (By the way - contacted National Ford and they said Sorry, nothing u can do) wow that's nice.

Long story short - A secondary Computer would have to be replaced. Estimate for that $510.00, $10.00 over my deductible. I never used the key Pad. To disconnect the Key Pad $85.00 and told it would not affect Warranty. and no bells and whistles going off.

So, I went the cheaper route and now have a secure truck. Have a great Day.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Edit, reread it and saw.

I guess they knew that Fords have the factory code in the glovebox?

What have they been doing since they stole the code?
Old 06-21-2017, 09:39 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

First, Ford has always put the card in the glovebox. It is also printed on certain things located in different locations depending on the year of the truck (under panels, behind rear seat, etc.). The code is NOT changeable, except as noted by replacing a computer. I always recommend people remove the card when in the dealership.

Second, you can program your own code any time you want. However, the original code still exists. I recommend storing the code in your phone under "Ford".
Old 06-21-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 2,222 Likes on 1,698 Posts

With all due respect, but after the first break in, I am sure you stopped leaving anything in it, right? So the second and third time yielded nothing, right?

I would have put the money into a camera system.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes - Only one roll of quarters. Nothing ever left. As someone stated - new code does NOT replace Factory Code.

Camera system - Won't do much good. Unless want to stay up every night.

Just passing information. I'm a dumbass for not removing card. Would have been nice if some one said so though. Another thought - Don't put in wallet either. Wallet stolen - then what?

The driveway chime worked great - as long as u wake up to confront someone

Again - just passing info. Cheers! BEER!
Old 06-21-2017, 01:18 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site it's great to have you here

Tony
Old 06-21-2017, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by jose1
Yes - Only one roll of quarters. Nothing ever left. As someone stated - new code does NOT replace Factory Code.

Camera system - Won't do much good. Unless want to stay up every night.

Just passing information. I'm a dumbass for not removing card. Would have been nice if some one said so though. Another thought - Don't put in wallet either. Wallet stolen - then what?

The driveway chime worked great - as long as u wake up to confront someone

Again - just passing info. Cheers! BEER!

Not calling you anything, but you are wrong about the cameras. No need to stay up when you have excellent video.

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2017, 04:14 PM

Received 110 Likes on 84 Posts

So that code cannot be changed, anywhere? at all? Not with forscan? not by dealer? I call BS. Ford just won't tell you where. I am a software engineer. There is nothing that can't be changed.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 119 Likes on 110 Posts

um the code can be changed u just had a crappy dealer. my code on my 14 was changed when it had a software update.....
Old 06-21-2017, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by dlbb
um the code can be changed u just had a crappy dealer. my code on my 14 was changed when it had a software update.....

The original shipped from Ford master code was changed, is that what you are saying?