Does my 1997 PN96 F250 belong here? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does my 1997 PN96 F250 belong here?

Old 02-09-2019, 05:01 PM

Default Does my 1997 PN96 F250 belong here?

Last summer I bought a second-hand 1997 LD F250, and over the course of my research I've come to realize that it's more F150 than F250.

I have a lot of repairs to do, and being quite rusty will need a lot of advice, but am never quite sure whether to treat this as a F150 (which it mostly is, according to Wikipedia, aside from the rear axle and air suspension) or an F250 (which usually seems to mean HD, closer to a 350 than to what I have).

So is this a good place for me to discuss this truck, or is there a better place to take this half-150/half-250 truck to get more information? I haven't done much with it yet, as it is worn pretty thin (was used for 15 years to pull horse trailers apparently) but I *really* like it and am looking forward to working on it.

Any thoughts? To make matters more complicated, it appears there are at least two sub-variants out there (tiny differences like power mirror plugs and different wiper blades and possibly rear shock absorber length) and I haven't been able to figure out for sure which one I have or how to distinguish between them when buying parts.
Old 02-12-2019, 01:58 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Thanked 1,036 Times in 835 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join us.

I'd suggest poking around on the site here to see what you find.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does my 1997 PN96 F250 belong here?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: