Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cool site guys...been lurking for a while...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Slinging Mud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cool site guys...been lurking for a while...

I finally decided to sign up. A little background about me...my Dad retired from Ford, so i have always been more or less a Ford guy. I have been into Mustang 5.0's for as long as i can remember. I also have had a few Bronco II's and an 04 Ranger. Well, i am 6'3" tall and around 275 lbs so the ranger was getting a little cramped. I saw this 2008 F150 Lariat on the lot and pulled in to check out the paint code on it for one of my mustangs. It is the Redish Burgandy with metal flake (not sure of the actual name right off). I then noticed they have really come along way with these trucks with the heated leather, reverse cam, wood grain dash, and a lot of luxury items. While getting the paint code, i told the salesman to see what the z plan would be on it just for giggles. Well you all know the rest of the story. The truck is 4X4 and has the skid plates. It has the towing package and aforementioned reverse cam, reverse sensors, heated mirrors, power everything. The only thing I didn't get was the nav, the entertainment package or the sunroof, the sub woofer, or the power folding mirrors from what i can tell. I love the truck. It drives like a luxury vehicle and pulls like a tank. With the reverse cam the wife can navigate it through parking lots. I don't think I will ever get rid of this one. So far, it is my favorite vehicle yet. My wife and I have out first child on the way, so perfect ride for that as well.

I do IT work for Wachovia in Charlotte, NC and got laid off with the new Wells Fargo merger. They went to a new policy where contractors, once on the job for 18 months, have to leave for 6 months. My 6 months are up and I am hoping to go back to work real soon.

Sorry for the long post, but I have one more thing to add. My truck now has 52k on it and i am on the original tires and they are about gone. I am planning on a leveling kit and some Nitto's once I am back at work but right now they are not in the budget. But I did want you all to know what kind of board you have here. I have only been a member here for a few days and someone has offered to sale me there stock rubber at a very good deal to help out. So far, this board rocks...

One more question, i have read kinda contradicting things about changing the plugs in these trucks. Did Ford fix the issue in the 2008 model or do I need to be looking into changing the plugs soon too? Thanks again guys.

Brad
Old 01-13-2010, 01:20 AM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome brad not sure on the plugs, im pretty sure 07 was the last year but i might be wrong im sure someone else will let you know what year it was for sure
Old 01-13-2010, 01:47 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcom to the site.. I doo beleive they fixed it in 07 too....hopefulyl soemoen will come in and confirm it
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome.

I believe they changed back to the regular sparkplugs in 07' and you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the site and welcome to the f150 way of life. I had an uncle that owned a Chevy dealership so naturally I grew up a bow tie man...but when I got my first f150... I will never go back. I love my 07' I haven't had any spark plug issues and I do maintenance regularly.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Slinging Mud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds good on the spark plug issues. Don't get me wrong, i have owned a chevy or 2, but ford really got one right on this truck. The trucks are made like tanks. True story: I got hit in the rear on I-85 not too long after i purchased it. It was during 5:00 traffic. Traffic was stop and go. We stopped and I looked in the rear view and the lady behind me was on the throttle and looking in the passenger seat. The police report said impact was over 45 mph and we were dead stopped. She was in a rental Ford Focus. My trailer ball was in her engine block. I pulled off of it and we pushed her car out of the highway. It was a total loss on her part. You couldn't even see out of the windshield because the hood was so high. When the officer got there, he asked me where the other vehicle involved was. I pointed at my truck which was about 45 yards away. He said, "I ain't in the mood for games boy, where is the other vehicle?" I took him and showed him the black smudge on the bumper and where it bent the trailer light plug in a little and he said "Dang, I gotta get me one of them...that thing really is tough ain't it." It cost 700 bucks for a new bumper (the old one had a ding and a smudge on it, but i wanted a new one) and a new black cap for the top of the bumper. When all was said and done, the body guy told me it didn't even bend the bumper mounts...like i said, built like a tank...yet rides like a caddy..

Quick Reply: Cool site guys...been lurking for a while...