Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Brake Controller 2015 F 150

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brake Controller 2015 F 150

Hi Everyone,

I just bought a 2015 F150 FX4. I hooked it to my nearly new Wells Fargo Cargo trailer via the 7 pin connection. I pulled it about 3 miles and when I stopped at a light, the brakes on the trailer were locked up. I had to unplug the trailer wiring to release it. Truck gave a code, "Trailer Module Fault". I had the dealer replace it but it did it again the next time I hooked to the trailer and also on a loaner truck the dealer was nice enough to provide. Both trucks have the factory installed brake control module.

Here is the kicker, I have pulled the trailer with two other vehicles with after market BCM's with no issues. The problem as to be with my trailer and how it connects to the F150, right?

Anyone have or seen this issue?
Old 09-17-2015, 11:49 AM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

I would guess if the truck is new and the other two trailers were fine, there may be something up with the wiring on the trailer with the issue.

You may want to check for a corroded, frayed wire or possible bad ground. You could test the trailer lights with an ohm meter or bad ground.

With the trailer plugged into the truck, test the wiring into the trailer to see if the brake pedal circuit is hanging up for some reason.

Hope this helps you out.

Tony
Old 09-17-2015, 06:19 PM

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome Aboard!
Old 11-16-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default exact same problem

I have also had the TBC module fail twice in my 2015 f150. Brakes locked up etc. They replaced it the first time and it went for about a 1000 miles. I was on the road and the ford dealer put in an external brake controller which has worked great. He didn't have the ford tbc in stock [said it was on back order].
They also told me that ford has a known problem with some of these controllers and is working the bugs out. I am going back into my dealer because they say they have a new one. I need to hear that it has been corrected.
My trailer is also brand new. Im pretty sure that the problem is with some of these tbcs
Old 11-22-2015, 12:29 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not your trailer. Two more reported incidents in Birmingham Al.....exact symptoms you are reporting. Trailers tow perfectly on any other vehicle but lock up on some 2015s. Ford engineers are "working" on the problem.
The following users liked this post:
jlewis805 (11-22-2015)
Old 11-22-2015, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the additional info. My dealer says the TBC is still on backorder, as you say while they are working on it.
In both of my instances the lock up occurred while we were stopped. I shudder to think about what would happen if the lock up occurred while towing at high speed in traffic.

Quick Reply: Brake Controller 2015 F 150