Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

After 6 Rams in a row, I've seen the light...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 10:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default After 6 Rams in a row, I've seen the light...

and finally purchased an F-150.

Well I'm new here as you can see.. I just bought my FX2 on 9-23 and I couldn't be happier with this decision, as a matter of fact, I've been jumping for joy since the purchase!

I guess I'll introduce myself... My name is Jesse and I live in Central Florida about 40 min's S/W of Orlando. I have a silly sense of humor and like to be funny hence the picture above. Hope you guys don't mind!

I have been a big fan of the Ram for many years because they all gave me good service over the years but I hated the lack of fuel mileage on all of them...

The 2006 I just traded on my FX2 only got 12 mpg's on a good week so needless to say I had to get away from Dodge.
I am also disgusted that they stuck their hand out and took bailout money so I had to go with a manufacturer that stood on their own two feet and refused government help.

Ford also appears to be much more technologically advanced then the others in the big three so this purchase was a no brainer for me.

anywho, I've rambled enough....Here's my FX2:

Last edited by 2011FX2Crazy; 10-22-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats man!! Looks good!! I'm located in Sanford! Alota people from central Florida on here
Old 10-22-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 222 Likes on 157 Posts

nice welcome.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by 07RedMonster
Congrats man!! Looks good!! I'm located in Sanford! Alota people from central Florida on here
Thanks, Yeah I love the truck. Much more then I expected in a truck.

That's cool, do the owners do any kind of meet's? I am a member of another forum for my bike and I've organized a couple meet and greets so everyone on the forum could actually meet one another... It's allot of fun and makes the forum more fun...

Originally Posted by Tejasandre
nice welcome.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2011, 10:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

They have tried in the past but no one is willing to drive to far to meet!! I'm willing to drive and meet
Old 10-22-2011, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by 07RedMonster
They have tried in the past but no one is willing to drive to far to meet!! I'm willing to drive and meet
That's crazy.... When I organized the Fury meet and greet we had over 40 Fury owners ride over... Three rode from the Miami area and one from Jacksonville..

Oh well, didn't hurt to ask.. I like doing things like that, its allot of fun and you can see what all everyone has done to their rides.. Kinda like a mini car show but just the one vehicle we're ALL interested in lol

I've signed up with a couple F150 forums this week so maybe one of them would like to do something like that..
Old 10-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sweet looking ride, Welcome to the site
Old 10-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Scottsred11FX4
Sweet looking ride, Welcome to the site
Thanks... I love that Candy Red... I wanted that color but couldn't find it in the FX2 with the plus package so I went with the White... It was in stock...

That's a great color!
Old 10-22-2011, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, that is a gorgeous truck.. For me i live in the country so i needed the 4x4 option. But i have the same color, but no ecoboost.

Good deal getting away from Dodge though.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by DSGB
Man, that is a gorgeous truck.. For me i live in the country so i needed the 4x4 option. But i have the same color, but no ecoboost.

Good deal getting away from Dodge though.
Thank you very much.

I have had both 2wd and 4x4 in my Ram's and I found I rarely if ever use the 4x4. When I had my 2002 Ram, I never used the 4x4 one time in the 5 years I owned it. So for me it is a waste to have all those extra moving parts consuming fuel all the time. But that is just my preference.

I have a boat and I've found just having the LSD is enough for me get the boat in and out. Other then that the furthest I go off road is parking on the grass in my front yard lol.

Yeah, Chrysler really put a sour taste in my mouth when they took the govt. money.. I feel that no government agency should ever get involved in the private sector in that manner.... I mean, if I was loosing everything or going bankrupt would they come running to hand me cash, hell no, so why should the auto makers get that privilege. Don't get me started lol, I have some pretty stern opinions on some of the dumb things that's happened since Bush left office. As a country we're "broke" because we've given too much money away for very little in return.

Last edited by 2011FX2Crazy; 10-22-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Quick Reply: After 6 Rams in a row, I've seen the light...