Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

After 22 years I get my truck

Old 02-23-2017, 04:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After 22 years I get my truck

In may I will buying my new f150 super crew with a 6.5 bed. Getting king ranch or platinum trim. Can not wait
it's hard to find a 6.5 bed in super crew. I may have it built just for me. Kids are past the age of minivan. I have always wanted a pick up and now I am getting it. Can not wait.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:18 PM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

congrats. I was lucky enough to have a friend working for Ford that, even though he wasn't able to get the truck I was looking for, was kind enough to locate several 6.5' bed King Ranch trucks for me when I was looking. I had it narrowed down to the exact colors, packages, options that I wanted and there were about 6 of them east of the Mississippi but luckily one was only about two hours away. I think the hunt to find the perfect one is fun, personally.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:02 PM

It is fun in what dealers will do get you in to test drive. Fun I live in Maryland now and no one has the 6.5 bed with in 100 miles

any input in what engine
3.5 with 10 speed. New tech but not had proven in long term use. I love turbos and 10 the speed
or the 5.0 with 6 speed. All been used for a while and pretty reliable
Old 02-23-2017, 06:07 PM

Received 322 Likes on 237 Posts

Congrats! Searching for a truck knowing you are going to buy one is fun. Just a quick word of advice, sounds like you are really excited and can't wait, but don't jump at the first truck you fall in love with, that's how you overpay. Shop around and take your time, you will be happier in the end.

Both the 3.5 w/ 10 speed and 5.0 w/ 6 speed are great choices. I have a 5.0, but I would go 3.5 EB with the new 10 speed. Your wanted configuration might be harder to find in a 5.0 too
Old 02-23-2017, 06:17 PM

I plan to get May I have used true car and been emails many different dealers in South Carolina. The one talked to day says the surch up to 700 miles away

when I was 16 I test drove a used black f150 with a bench seat I think a 4 speed manual. With the high beam on the floor We could not make a deal

I would get a 250 crew cab but my wife mainly and kids would not like the ride I dive 3/4 and above for work and you feel any pot hole. Many times my head has hit the roof
thanks for any input

no more miinvan in 6 months. They are great when kids are younger

Search this Thread