Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

5.0 motor issues help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5.0 motor issues help!

hey guys i have bought a 1986 ford f150 5.0 4x4 lifted the works.

i bought the truck to go threw the mud an beat on over the last of the mud season i found a way to jump my truck into a lake LOL i seized the motor an bent every rod and piston. after finding a new motor from a identical 1986 ford f150 5.0 i saw the truck start an i even got to drive it around (but i only wanted the motor) so i took the motor out of there and was going to replace my now my new coffie table with this motor only thing i changed was the torque converter and upper intake everything else i dropped in. i got all the wires hooked up and everything ready to go, i go to turn the key and click click. so i thought it was starter ect got everything replaced and still clicks. i try an turn the motor over by hand (socket on the drive pully) and it will only move a hair each time but wont move at all... i think it is ether transmition or possibly the wrong torque converter??? any ideas or nolage on these truck please help ! thanks you
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM

I would attempt to turn it over enough by hand, if you could, to unbolt the converter from it and see if the motor will turn over...that way you could eliminate the torque converter
Old 07-27-2011, 02:45 PM

you cant get to the converter with out taking out the motor or tranny.. i will try that much later
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .... Loves of good guys and info here.... Be sure to post some pics !!!
Old 07-28-2011, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by crazycowboy
you cant get to the converter with out taking out the motor or tranny.. i will try that much later
There isn't an inspection plate on the bottom front of the tranny that will allow you access to the converter bolts???

Quick Reply: 5.0 motor issues help!