Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

2013 Ford F150 5.0 Lariat 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2013 Ford F150 5.0 Lariat 4x4

Ok, so im merely just on this site to see if you guys may be able to help or maybe experienced my issues. My mother got a 2013 Ford F150 5.0 Lariat 4x4 last year. Has 106,000 miles. Anyways, when it rains, a lot it will not start. it will turn over and attempt to start but always acts like there is not enough power. its done this twice now. the first time, never gave me any codes. i took the battery off to test it, 75%; so i charged it to 100%. hooked it back up and nothing. so then, i thought maybe its the starter. which by the way is a pain in the *** to get off, oh my lord. anyways, got it off, tested it. it passed. hooked it back up and the truck started right up. Blew out this dense wet fog, smelled like fresh spray paint. left it running for 30 minutes. was just fine, until two weeks ago. did the same thing, so i did the samethings. this time it did not work. no codes. i asked my uncle who works at a ford dealership in the body shop part. he explained, that his body shop believes there could be moister getting to the crank sensor causing it to short out, since it only does this when it rains a lot. Well the crank sensor isnt hard to change or anything like that but my mom decided to go ahead and take it to her dealership and have them fix it. it was there for two weeks and they never really figured out what was wrong with it. i could not tell them this story of course because it will valid the warranty. so, after $1,200 and two weeks of work they said they cleaned out the throttle body casing and changed all the spark plug (they attempted to start it a lot, filed them down) and said it was bad gas. We get gas from the exact same station and this last time we got gas on the same day. so my question is, what do you guys think it is?
Old 02-02-2017, 02:14 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 boards, glad to have you join!