Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

What Pressure Washer Should I Buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default What Pressure Washer Should I Buy?

I'm looking to buy a pressure washer for washing & cleaning my F150. Any brands & model # recommendations? What PSI & GPM should I be looking at? I want to buy a good one (electric or gas) that will last. I really don't want to spend more than $500 if possible. Also any ones to avoid will be greatly appreciated.
The following users liked this post:
Dan M. (04-16-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Paint Polishing Guru

Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Are you going to use this pressure washer around the house? If so that changes things.

www.pressurewashersdirect.com will have tons of options for you to search.

don't concern yourself so much with PSI, you want GPM (gallons/min). You can control some of this by changing up your nozzle GPM later if your washer doesn't do the higher gpm level.

Electric or Gas?

The triplex ceramic pump types are the best, usually more on the expensive. I've has the others and they broke and cost more to fix than the washer.

I love my honda engine that drives the triplex ceramic pump.

I also have a valve on mine that reduces the pressure (psi) down but the GPM appears to stay up. If you don't have one you can try to idle down.

I have the John Deer, the only reason was it had the gpm/psi/triplex plunger pump, and other things I wanted. find exactly want is important to you vs. manuf.

Cheers,
GREG
gdzer (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a John Deere. Briggs and stratton. 3.2gpm I think. Had it three years very happy it.
gdzer (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 11:44 PM

Thanks for the reply "Reflections Detail" & "Farmerdave". What Model to you both have, what is your PSI & GPM, and what did you pay? I'm only going to use it for washing my F150. I'd prefer electric, but if gas is better and going to last longer i'll buy gas!!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:44 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Pretty much don't buy anything sold at a big box. The consumer pumps are nonrebuildable and often proprietary so the machine is junk when they go. No need for a good motor on those.

I also have a Deere bought from my Deere dealer. Mine had a Subaru engine. These are US made by Mi-T-M with Japanese engines and Italian pumps (at least as of a couple years ago when I got mine.) Pumps are rebuild able and the motors are good. You can get them with a Honda but my dealer who I trust says they aren't worth the premium. A little over your max but it's a buy-once kind of machine and less than two Junkers from a big box.
gdzer (04-06-2014)
Old 04-06-2014, 11:48 PM

Hey matt_m, what model do you have and what are your PSI & GPM? How long have you been using it, and what did you pay? Thanks
Old 04-10-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Its a 3000PSI/2.4gal PR-3000GS. I want to say I paid about $650 for it, which was almost to the penny the same as the comparable Northern Tool one by the time I paid for shipping. I think my dealer said they've rebuilt 2 of these pumps. One was the owner's after she let it freeze.

I see the price differential on the Honda version has closed some: PR-3000GH

If you add the Briggs and Stratton powered one I paid $350 for at Home Depot about 6 years earlier that lost a $300 pump, I've paid $1000 for pressure washers. Someone gave me $40 for the B&S one for the motor which maybe had 15-20 hours on it. I've since learned that its cheaper to buy a "lifetime" tool than a cheap one.

Last edited by matt_m; 04-10-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Mark

Received 2,415 Likes on 2,116 Posts

If your just going to P/W your truck every once in awhile...you dont need to go high Dollar...I have had my craftsman 2500PSI 2.5 GPM with a briggs for 7 years now...use it for decks and driveway and the truck when needed ...$365
Old 09-21-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressure washer

According to me, an electric pressure washer is best among the other pressure washer. Its maintenance cost is very low and it is very easy to use.
Its features are in favor of the users.
To know more about the pressure washer, click on-
http://car-gears.com/

Quick Reply: What Pressure Washer Should I Buy?