Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

First Detail for 2017 Screw

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 09:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default First Detail for 2017 Screw

Just as the title says, I finally did my first detail on my 2017 Screw. I would have done it earlier in the year, but my hose bib froze over winter and had yet to be replaced until this weekend. So finally with an opportunity I dusted off all of my cleaning supplies, pulled out my power washer and had at it. I may or may not get some grief over this, but I use Chemical Guys and have always liked the outcome. But to be completely honest, it is really the only stuff I have ever used lol. Either way, started off the morning with cleaning the wheels and tires using Diablo wheel cleaner. Just a simple spray and use a few different brushes to rid all the dirt and brake dust. After the wheels I moved on to washing down the truck with some of their Clean Slate soap, just to remove anything the dealer or factory added to the body. I then pulled the truck into the garage to dry off, and get started on the clay bar to get all the junk out of the clear coat. This generally takes me the longest, seems to always take forever to do the entire body, and windshield. After claying the truck, moved on to wash number two to get rid of all the clay lube residue. Washing this time however I used Mr. Pink, and let me tell you this stuff suds up while using a foam cannon, it was quite amazing! After doing the wash, I once again pulled into the garage dried everything off, I then pulled out my Porter Cable DA. I used Chemical Guys Jet Seal for the entire body and windshield, I used this same stuff on my 2015 STi and loved it! While I was waiting for the seal to cure, I then used some light metal polish to shine up my chrome on the grill, door handles, bumpers and side rails. I really like the Jet Seal because it is so easy to buff off, literally takes almost no effort at all to remove the product after it cures. Once I removed the seal and the chrome polish, I moved on to using a wheel wax to protect and deflect brake dust. Generally after all of this I will finish everything off with a coat of wax, however this time I did not. I had some other chores to do for the day and just could not make time for it, so I followed everything up with Mequires Ultimate Quik Wax, which does an alright job until the next wash. All in all it was a long day, but was glad I finally was able to get the outside of the truck cleaned and let the Ruby Red shine as it is made to do!!

Quick Reply: First Detail for 2017 Screw