Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Couples thats detail together stay together

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 04:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Couples thats detail together stay together

Wife and I detailed both of our cars today. Since it is pollen season down here in Florida had to prove to myself that my truck looks great clean and take some pictures.

What is everyone favorite cleaning products? I have a hodgepodge of cleaning brands/stuff. Looking for a good tire conditioner that last more than two days.
Attached Thumbnails Couples thats detail together stay together-img_3912.jpg   Couples thats detail together stay together-img_3913.jpg  
Old 02-26-2018, 12:19 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

About a year ago to date my wife offered to help me detail our Solstice for the upcoming driving season. About 15 minutes into the claybar treatment she looked at me and asked "You did THIS to the entire TRUCK?"

Yes dear. Once a year.

She was a good sport and stuck with me through the polishing and sealant. On the Solstice, that is.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:20 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinbrow56
What is everyone favorite cleaning products? I have a hodgepodge of cleaning brands/stuff. Looking for a good tire conditioner that last more than two days.
I've come to the conclusion the wash mitt, applicators, and drying towels are more important than the products used. Most products are decent when using the right one for your application. A good high quality microfiber is a must, especially for Black!

Are you looking for a tire conditioner or something that adds shine? High gloss, low gloss.... so many different ones out there. Griot's (and several others) have a good variety to pick from depending on the finish you're looking for.

Nice looking truck.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Nothing beats the Meguiar's clay bar kit.
My only regret is I didn't learn about them sooner.
The following users liked this post:
Justinbrow56 (02-27-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 02:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by idrive
I've come to the conclusion the wash mitt, applicators, and drying towels are more important than the products used. Most products are decent when using the right one for your application. A good high quality microfiber is a must, especially for Black!

Are you looking for a tire conditioner or something that adds shine? High gloss, low gloss.... so many different ones out there. Griot's (and several others) have a good variety to pick from depending on the finish you're looking for.

Nice looking truck.
I use a west marine brush and then a sponge to help take bug guts off the grill/hood and another sponge for the wheels and tires. Microfiber towels are just old towels I use to use on me on deployment.

Thanks, I upgraded from a 1986 Suburban to a 2004 Ford Explorer that I bought in 2006 and put about 140K miles on. To what you see now it only took me 14 years to get it but Im super happy with it. It was in a wreck of some sort but you cant tell at all. It was nice because I didn't have to pay for a brand new 2017 truck but I got a truck with less than 4K miles on it for a great price.

I have some Meguair's stuff now its just not my favorite, its a gel I rub on and I cant seem to get it evenly distributed.

Last edited by Justinbrow56; 02-27-2018 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:59 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I've used the "Endurance" tire gel with a foam rubber applicator. Most of the time I've used it on a "weekender" convertible so I think it's misleading how long it lasts. I liked it because it wasn't necessarily high gloss but left the rubber a deep black.

Clay bar is nice, but I've switched to the nanoskin mitt. Same results in a fraction of the time.

If you do clay and/or polish, always be sure to wax or use a sealant afterward!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 111 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by chickenwire
If you do clay and/or polish, always be sure to wax or use a sealant afterward!
Collinite 845!

Must try that mitt sometime. I find clay bar-ing is what consumes the most time while detailing my truck (definitely a two-beer task).
Old 04-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by schmenke
Collinite 845!

Must try that mitt sometime. I find clay bar-ing is what consumes the most time while detailing my truck (definitely a two-beer task).
Only 2 beers? You must be a slooow drinker. I drink 2 beers just doing the hood!!
The following users liked this post:
schmenke (04-11-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 12:53 PM

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Used the nanoskin mitt for the first time (after recommendations from the forum)- wow- super quick and easy, with great results.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:47 AM

Received 364 Likes on 287 Posts

True. We own a detailing business and my wife myself and Son all detail together. Its fun

Quick Reply: Couples thats detail together stay together