Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

College and a clean truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 12:24 AM
Got-R-Did

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default College and a clean truck

Okay everyone, I am that lowly freshman in college. I am staying in a dorm and that means my truck is a 1.1 miles away from me. I also don't have a garage or shop to clean my truck. So what should I do preventative wise so my trucks body doesn't suffer over these next couple of years? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

self wash stations =/ there just okay
Old 08-07-2012, 01:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by P-Kidd
Okay everyone, I am that lowly freshman in college. I am staying in a dorm and that means my truck is a 1.1 miles away from me. I also don't have a garage or shop to clean my truck. So what should I do preventative wise so my trucks body doesn't suffer over these next couple of years? Any help would be appreciated.
I don't live in dorms but I don't have a garage at my apartment. Try n make friends with upperclassmen that have a house & driveway so you can use the hose...n their washer & dryer haha....good luck living in the dorms...where you going to school that your lot is a mile away?
Old 08-07-2012, 02:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on how far you want to go you could always buy a car cover depending on how much you drive it...otherwise wax that baby regularly...I hate school parking lots...kids don't care about anything that's not theirs
Old 08-07-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Motemis
Depending on how far you want to go you could always buy a car cover depending on how much you drive it...otherwise wax that baby regularly...I hate school parking lots...kids don't care about anything that's not theirs
Seriously! I have dings from jealous douchebags with raggedy *** cars... I vote car cover
Old 08-08-2012, 02:37 AM
Got-R-Did

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Auburn University in Alabama. I was planning on giving her a good coat of wax everytime I had the chance. Yeah I think I should look into a car cover. I always try to park as far away from other cars as I can. I'd rather walk than deal with dings and scratches.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My truck is the only think I keep worrying about when I go to college next year. I'm almost picking a school on how much parking they have. Definitely want to keep in clean and clear from dings and dents from idiot kids.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Motemis
...kids don't care about anything that's not theirs
PEOPLE don't care about anything that's not theirs. The most damage I ever got on my car was when parking at the bus terminus and most of those people are just adults on their way to work. Strangely most of the damage I got was from people with white cars or maybe white paint just shows better.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by bigred0605
My truck is the only think I keep worrying about when I go to college next year. I'm almost picking a school on how much parking they have. Definitely want to keep in clean and clear from dings and dents from idiot kids.
Well being lifted and having step bars, people would hit ur steps not ur rocker panels. Ur lucky.....that's the only reason I want steps, they stick out just enough to keep doors from hitting ur paint
Old 08-09-2012, 09:37 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolateskwlbuss

Well being lifted and having step bars, people would hit ur steps not ur rocker panels. Ur lucky.....that's the only reason I want steps, they stick out just enough to keep doors from hitting ur paint
True. But I'm still nervous in a tight parking lot.

Quick Reply: College and a clean truck