Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Black Magic review: Foaming All Wheel Cleaner and Tire Wet Wax

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Official Member: Vast RWC

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Black Magic review: Foaming All Wheel Cleaner and Tire Wet Wax

I had a few hours of spare time last weekend and wanted to share my experience with these two products.

I will break my review of each down into two categories:

1. Ease of application
2. Performance

Foaming All Wheel Cleaner

This stuff was extremely easy to apply. I was in the middle of washing my truck so I simply sprayed the entire truck down and then applied the foam to all of the wheels and tires. The product is very easy to work with and is oveall mess-free.

The foaming all wheel cleaner did very well removing larger dirt and grime from the wheels and tires. I typically spend quite a bit of time scrubbing my wheels and tires during a wash and I can honestly say that time was cut in half or less as I only had to concentrate on the wheels. The product does not remove all of the brake dust, as I suspected, so I did rub down the wheels with a wet rag during the wash.

Wet her down

apply

let it stand for 3-5 minutes then rinse

Tire Wet Wax

This stuf was very tough to apply. The product comes out of the tube as a gel and while Black Magic does provide an applicator, the gel-like goo is tough to spread evenly to the tires. I will say that the GSA factory Goodyears on my truck did play a role in the dificulty in applying the gel.

Once on, the gel looks GREAT and the tires hold a DEEP shine. So much so that the pictures just dont do it justice. If you can stand to spend 5 or 10 minutes on EACH tire then you will be rewarded with outstanding looking tires. Black Magic claims your tires will hold the shine for 8-10 weeks so time will tell but seeing the thick gel come out of the tube makes me a believer.

All cleaned up!

Overall, I'd use both products again. I was a bit suspect of the foaming cleaner and its effectiveness on brake dust but it did such a good job of loosening up everything else, that I'd definitely use it again. To be honest, it did get rid of most of the brake dust, but rubbing down the wheels was still necessary.

The Tire Wax looks GREAT once it is finally applied. I think applying the stuff on tires with a smoother sidewall would be very easy. The factory GSAs played a big role in the difficulty in application I experienced.

Last edited by gimmie11s; 06-26-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I hate the stock good years. Those ribs absolutely suck to try to rub stuff on. I'm gonna go a year on these and go back to dueler at revos which I've always had on my trucks
Old 08-02-2012, 04:34 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Well done review. Nice documented pics and a glossy shine on the tires.
I'm interested in the longevity of the product. Please keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Black Magic review: Foaming All Wheel Cleaner and Tire Wet Wax