Topic Sponsor
Detailing & Cleaning Keep your Ford F150 Truck looking top notch! Discuss your cleaning and detailing tips here!

Adam's Ceramic Spray

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 05:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Adam's Ceramic Spray

Looks like Adam's has released a new Ceramic Spray Coating (this is NOT the Ceramic Boost). They claim 6-8 months of protection from it. Current cost is $40 for 9oz or $70 for 16 oz.

YouTube video:

Adam's Website: https://adamspolishes.com/adam-s-cer...ng-9h-8oz.html

Pretty obvious that all of the detailing companies are trying to get Ceramic into the hands of consumers at a cheaper price point and with easier applications. I think a lot of companies are using "ceramic" as a buzzword more so than any real semblance to a ceramic coating; this Adam's product looks to be closer to real ceramic coating than a lot of the other "spray ceramic" applications out there. I'm interested to see how this gets reviewed, maybe will pick it up later in the summer.
The following users liked this post:
wadekaminski (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 05:40 PM

Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

New meguiars spray ceramic is only like $12 a bottle
Old 01-13-2019, 06:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup, just got a bottle of it last week. BUT I don't think it is similar to the Adam's, its more of a wax infused with ceramic to me than an actual ceramic coat.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:00 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Certainly looks interesting. Adams other products have a good reputation. Shouldn’t be long before there are some real world reviews out there.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am seeing great reviews on both products, not sure how true their ceramic 9h coating claim is? Meguiar’s hybrid ceramic spray wax claims 6-9 month of protection as well. For the price and ease of application why not go with Meguiars? Apply while car is wet, massage in on first application and your done, no cure time or flashing like the adams product. Definitely getting the hybrid, not sure about adams on this one.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:44 AM

Received 364 Likes on 287 Posts

I just posted a Meguiras Hybrid ceramic review. LOVE it
Old 03-11-2019, 01:15 PM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

The Meguiras Hybrid ceramic SiO2 and Adam's Spray Ceramic Coating are totally different chemistries.

Originally Posted by Stever39
New Meguiar's spray ceramic is only like $12 a bottle
I'm not 100% but I think the Megs product is similar to CarPro HydrO2 (water activated etc.)

Originally Posted by Gamedetailing
...not sure how true their ceramic 9h coating claim is?
I'm personally a little skeptical on 9H claims, Although it may be 9h, that is based on the pencil scale.
The pencil scale and the MOHS scale are completely different measurements! MOHS is 1=talc / 10=Diamond.

A bottle ceramic coating will apply 2-3 times thicker, it is harder, and has much better resistance.
I purchased a 16 oz. bottle and I have used it a few times. I think of it as a spray-on SiO2 based QD.
I have tried the Adam's Spray Ceramic Coating it does not apply as thick as a bottle ceramic coating.
The rainbow effect is from the solvent. In short, I think of it as a spray wax (only it is SiO2 based).

In short over the years Last Step Protection (LSP) has gone through many evolutions.
It started with wax, then went to polymers (sealants) and now it is SiO2 (coating) technology.
IMHO The best, longest lasting, most resistant coating is the wipe on/wipe off ceramic coating.
Even in liquid-based wipe on/wipe off coatings the quality varies greatly between manufacturers.
Old 08-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Metalhead

Received 381 Likes on 164 Posts

Bumping this old thread for my review, just found the detailing section of this forum....

I just applied my second application of this last weekend. The first one was applied right around the last time this thread was posted in, early March. I still had plenty of hydrophobic properties left from the first application but I could tell they were diminishing. (even more so after applying my 2nd application.) I'm definitely happy with it. I probably easily could have got the 6-8 months they claim, but it was a nice weekend, and I was bored...lol

Now with the fresh application, when I go out to my truck in the morning and it's covered in dew, within a mile of driving I have large droplets of water hitting the windshield from what was just dew on the hood!

I bought a 16oz bottle, I have now done my truck twice, and my sister's MINI once. I still have enough left to do my truck one more time. 70 dollars WELL spent, IMO. Would definitely recommend.
Old 08-11-2019, 10:01 AM

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Here is "another" Spray and wipe product that is getting good reviews.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:16 PM

Received 937 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Merlin
Here is "another" Spray and wipe product that is getting good reviews.
I was very curious about this product as it seemed to be a huge value. Now that there's a ton of hype about it, prices have gone up substantially. It used to be $7 on Amazon, now I can't find it for less than $15. I don't have a ton of faith in Turtle Wax products so I will likely grab a bottle when I see it back down at $7.

Quick Reply: Adam's Ceramic Spray