Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

stop telling me to use the search function

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 PM

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
Default stop telling me to use the search function

i like to be non confrontational but i gotta say the "search first" comment is so old. yes everyone (mostly) knows you can search forums. if everyone searched forums before posting, there would be no posts. the forum would contain the original 100 or so posts and then everyone would just search those for what they need. and then there would be no posts for you to bitch about.

like it or not, people like asking questions, people like giving opinions, and people like to bitch about the first two.

i bet if i had searched, i would have found a post just like this telling people to quit bitching about posting redundant questions.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Denver Ecoboost

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

AMEN!!!!........So sick of people saying "Use The Search Button"

Mama always said "If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say it"
Old 04-28-2012, 11:54 PM

and it is the guys who have 1000+ posts! what would they respond to if people didn't post?
Old 04-28-2012, 11:59 PM

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Start your thread with
"I tried to search about this and..."
whether or not you did.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:34 AM

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

I search for what I am looking for and add the forum name behind it ex: "Rhinolined bumper F150forum.com" that way I can see what threads already exist. If that doesnt get me what I want I make a thread.

I hate folks saying use the search for several reasons, first every forum search SUX at pulling stuff up, it will kill post counts if no one posted and stuff like that, so I agree, yall post away, ask what you need to!
Old 04-29-2012, 12:35 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I believe everyone should search before posting. If the topic in question was not fully answered or the person is not satisfied with the answers from said topic then they should start their thread but mentioning that they've searched. Give a little effort.... By the was you can search thru google by typing "site: f150forum.com 'here goes ur text' "

Last edited by ninjatalon; 04-29-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:45 AM

oh and i forgot to mention google is my best friend. i use it daily. i search everything. just tired of people telling me to
Old 04-29-2012, 12:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

the search function sucks...if you search "HID lights"..then every post, with it in the signature line comes up, or if it is what you want, you wont find it because your tired of looking through 90 pages of crap to get to it..I havent tried the google thing yet but thats what im gonna do the next time i need to find something
Old 04-29-2012, 01:04 AM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't believe people need to be spoon fed everything. Guess what I did before posting my first thread... I searched, read, and learned a lot. If the information is there for you to easily get yourself, why do you think other people should have to constantly get it for you? (Using the term "you" to indicate anyone who doesn't search.) Some of the same topics on here have literally been posted 50-100s times already. Redundancy is not what makes a forum worthwhile. People would still post, regardless of whether they searched. But if they searched, their posts would be more worthwhile.

You've apparently been here 2 months. Get back to me in 2 years to see if 1. you're even still on here or 2. if you've been driven crazy with the repetitive posts. It's one of the main reasons I've started disappearing from this forum for weeks or months at a time.

And just in case you want to get on to me about this post, be aware that I've helped many people on this forum doing all the work for them in searching and whatever else on many occasions. I'm not heartless. I just believe people should use their brains. (I know, what a crazy thought that is!)
Old 04-29-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cegan1825
I don't believe people need to be spoon fed everything. Guess what I did before posting my first thread... I searched, read, and learned a lot. If the information is there for you to easily get yourself, why do you think other people should have to constantly get it for you? (Using the term "you" to indicate anyone who doesn't search.) Some of the same topics on here have literally been posted 50-100s times already. Redundancy is not what makes a forum worthwhile. People would still post, regardless of whether they searched. But if they searched, their posts would be more worthwhile.

You've apparently been here 2 months. Get back to me in 2 years to see if 1. you're even still on here or 2. if you've been driven crazy with the repetitive posts. It's one of the main reasons I've started disappearing from this forum for weeks or months at a time.

And just in case you want to get on to me about this post, be aware that I've helped many people on this forum doing all the work for them in searching and whatever else on many occasions. I'm not heartless. I just believe people should use their brains. (I know, what a crazy thought that is!)
+1

Quick Reply: stop telling me to use the search function