Search function --- Does it work? - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Search function --- Does it work?

Old 02-09-2019, 01:44 AM

Default Search function --- Does it work?

Guys, what am I doing wrong. Every time I try to search for a thread using the search function I get a bunch of unrelated crap. For instance, I just searched "4" lift" and I didn't get a single thread pop up with 4" or lift in the thread title. What gives?
Old 02-09-2019, 03:23 AM

Did you search with quotes around the entire phrase? That helps specify what you wish to find. Also, if you click on Advanced Search, you can change to search titles only. Part of the problem is how frequently people post certain words. For instance, "4" lift" is found in many people's signatures, and the search is returning every post by those people.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:18 PM
Internet Geezer

Thanked 1,262 Times in 975 Posts
Lightbulb

Post more appropriate for - Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum -click-

That being said ...

Try Google site:f150forum.com [your-search-terms] *e.g. Site:f150forum.com 4" lift
Old 02-09-2019, 10:42 PM

I use google myself. Including the word forums or Reddit in just about anything helps a lot.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:41 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Its still not perfect by any means but trying some of these suggestions is getting me better results.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Search function --- Does it work?

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: