Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Quick Reply Doubled

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 11:15 PM
Now an XLT in Colorado

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Default Quick Reply Doubled

Why is there a "Quick Reply" button at the bottom of the page when the "Quick Reply" window is just below the last post? Several times, now, I've clicked that blue button instead of the "Post Quick Reply" one.

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:20 AM

Received 691 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioLariat
Why is there a "Quick Reply" button at the bottom of the page when the "Quick Reply" window is just below the last post? Several times, now, I've clicked that blue button instead of the "Post Quick Reply" one.

Thanks.
The blue quick reply button is stuck to a bar at the bottom of the page no matter where you are in the thread. So you can quick reply even from the top of a thread. Basically so you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom to reply. I personally don't use it because I like to read all the way through the thread before I reply.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:37 AM
Now an XLT in Colorado

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,501 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I, too, feel it's unnecessary, since if replying from the middle of a thread, one will usually (or should) quote the post to which they are referring. I'd suggest it be removed.
Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by OhioLariat
Thanks for the reply. I, too, feel it's unnecessary, since if replying from the middle of a thread, one will usually (or should) quote the post to which they are referring. I'd suggest it be removed.
I second that motion. Too many times people will just blindly click and post without thought or consideration to what's already been posted. All it does is throw confusion into a thread.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:48 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

I noticed that as well. I've has a situation where after the Quick Reply is actually post, the text is still in the Quick Reply box.
Old 05-30-2018, 12:16 PM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

IMO, a lot of these "improvements" are inhibiting usage of the forum. Don't know who tracks usability stats, but clearly a bunch of very old threads have been resurrected in error due to the change. Many people have been turning off new features for usability issues.

How many F-150 forum users were involved in testing?...

Quick Reply: Quick Reply Doubled