Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Most important thing about this forum is.....

Old 11-09-2014, 03:57 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Most important thing about this forum is.....

Pls dont take this wrong great moderator in the sky,and pls don't erase this,as i am not trying to sound rude,just being open about what i see,and maybe it will be taken notice of and someone will fix it..so its easlier for new and old members to get around the site...

While I am not trying to put down this forum,i am just pointing out that after using many other forums this one just seems to be lost in its self...there are a list of sections up top,then a list of sections for all kinds of different types of issues,which follow all yrs and any type of platform...then they have a listing for the different yr models based on the platform,with no way to follow different subjects about those model yr trucks,the threads go on for ever,and who can read through a thread thats got 100k entrees in it,that tend to be all over the place....

While I am sure we are all glad this forum is here it seems to be very disorganized,and has become worst over time,and will just get worst if not fixed !! Why on earth its not listed out with a home page first,then a welcome thread,then a section based on yr model,and with in each platform there should be a list of all the same sections like tires radios,performance,your build,thread etc, paint...and with in those have individual threads posted from each member. so every one can simply choose the yr model look up the type of issues or maintenance idea they are looking for..instead of trolling through 1000's of threads and never finding what you are looking for...
I am sorry but this web site is just not really set up good at all,so I know its a lot of work,but it would just make more sense to make it more user friendly.Its like it was set up for one yr model truck,and they just kept adding yr models as they came out without changing the set up,or adding sections for the newer model trucks...its like the members are meant to figure out where we put each section based on everyone's threads all stuck together....
Anyway thank you ,and maybe someone might fix it,and make it easier to find subjects on each yr model,and follow the website..

Last edited by Aboostedf150; 11-09-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:53 AM

Received 3,926 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Old 11-09-2014, 08:07 AM

Received 646 Likes on 498 Posts

Works just fine for me.... Each forum is different. I'm sure if you search you can find another that makes you feel warm and moist.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Extreme DIY Homeowner

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm sure with over 230,000 threads & probably millions of posts it would be easy to re-organize

Most Important thing is the SEARCH feature
Its what I use to find stuff, research
In many cases I then have to search within the thread

Find something you want to follow ?
SUBSCRIBE to the thread under Thread Tools while you have the thread open
If I see pics of something I want to do I save the picture to a folder on my PC - Truck Ideas
I also keep a "To Do" list with links back to the thread(s)
Organization starts at home

Thats the success & failure of the Internet on a whole !!
"We found what you are looking for, here's 5 million Google results"

Last edited by Scuba_Dave; 11-09-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Oblivious Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I find this forum to be an extremely helpful tool that I pay nothing for. Search function works great. And when I research a topic I find a wealth of info and experience that helps me make a decision. I have some basic knowledge of trucks/autos but I am no gearhead. This place is great and I am very appreciate of those that volunteer their time to contribute. Mods and experienced members alike.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:59 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Aboostedf150 ... < forums organization whine >
Comments ...
  • organization of forums is fine and well structured.
  • in a rush to post (and not READ the list of forums), users continually post in the wrong and/or inappropriate forum. e.g.
    Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
    Rather than ...
    Community > Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum
    Hint, hint, hint.
  • READING is a lost art.
  • YES, the forum list could be better organized. Especially if it facilitates reading the topic of the forum BEFORE posting in any o' forum.
  • regarding searching ...

is most often inappropriately used (searches all the forums) when ...

is what's usually called-for.
    BTW ... Effective searching can be/is an art and it needs to be mastered not plugged-away at. Live it. Love it. Make it a part of your interweb life.
  • A LOT of users have little to no common sense. e.g.
    • What's the diameter of my tailpipe? Ummmm ... Do you have a measuring device? Do you know how to use it? Or ... How about giving us a clue about (oh I don't know) the year, model, engine, etc. (you know vehicle information).
    • I got a noise. What could it be?
    • and god forbid the owner's manual should be referenced.
      etc., etc., etc..
YEP! The site's not perfect, but for the amount of posts, threads, and users it's PRETTY DAMN GOOD!

If I had a recommendation it would be ...
After registering for the site, users ...
  • cannot post for 30days.
  • MUST read the FAQ.
  • MUST know ALL of the posting guidelines.
  • MUST know the list and organization of ALL of the forums.
Just like driving - It's a privilege NOT a right.
*29 years of interweb experience speaking.

Last edited by gDMJoe; 11-09-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 07:53 AM

Its not about using the search function...or is this personal as in a couple of the remarks,its about just being able to go to a certain yr model truck out of all of them,and being able to view different subjects just about those yrs,instead of it all being mixed together ,the yrs are broken down,but there is not a single separate subject for any of the yrs..its just a whole bunch of different threads just thrown together with not a single way of viewing a single subject ...
would it not be nice to open up 2009 and up f150 and there is a break down of every part of the truck..instead every yr from the 1st f150 to the 2015 are thrown together..what does maintenance on a 1970 f150 got to do with maintenance on a 2015..totally different but its just all mixed together like all the subjects are...
If someone wanted to just go view everything about the brakes on a 1998 you cant,or the a/c on just the 2013,you cant,and the search wont bring up what you do not know is written about does it...anyway its just my 2 cents take it for what it is,those that understand i am just pointing out something that would make it easier for everyone,and those that what to continue to send me childish spam to each his own..lol have a great day,and from one disabled vet to all of the rest of us happy early veterans day

Last edited by Aboostedf150; 11-10-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
Comments ...
  • organization of forums is fine and well structured.
  • in a rush to post (and not READ the list of forums), users continually post in the wrong and/or inappropriate forum. e.g.
    Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
    Rather than ...
    Community > Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum
    Hint, hint, hint.
  • READING is a lost art.
  • YES, the forum list could be better organized. Especially if it facilitates reading the topic of the forum BEFORE posting in any o' forum.
  • regarding searching ...

is most often inappropriately used (searches all the forums) when ...

is what's usually called-for.
    BTW ... Effective searching can be/is an art and it needs to be mastered not plugged-away at. Live it. Love it. Make it a part of your interweb life.
  • A LOT of users have little to no common sense. e.g.
    • What's the diameter of my tailpipe? Ummmm ... Do you have a measuring device? Do you know how to use it? Or ... How about giving us a clue about (oh I don't know) the year, model, engine, etc. (you know vehicle information).
    • I got a noise. What could it be?
    • and god forbid the owner's manual should be referenced.
      etc., etc., etc..
YEP! The site's not perfect, but for the amount of posts, threads, and users it's PRETTY DAMN GOOD!

If I had a recommendation it would be ...
After registering for the site, users ...
  • cannot post for 30days.
  • MUST read the FAQ.
  • MUST know ALL of the posting guidelines.
  • MUST know the list and organization of ALL of the forums.
Just like driving - It's a privilege NOT a right.
*29 years of interweb experience speaking.
From from Whiner to another Whiner(i guess if thats what your also doing) I agree with some of that,But just because someone voices their opinion doesn't make it a bad thing,thats how things are improved,and granted their are some really bad sites out there,(this is not one of them)but all the great ones always break each platform down with its own component section..sorry to of poked the bear,and millions of us have been on the web since the 1980's as well......
Old 11-10-2014, 08:02 AM
Extreme DIY Homeowner

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Thank you for your service

The Search feature will bring up everything you have said....and more
I do search for things & find it brings up a lot of results....hundreds of threads in some cases
But that is due to the success of this site & the volume of posts/threads
Its taken me a while to sharpen my search skills, always try for the word that is not used as much that will still bring results
With better searching I was able to narrow one search down to 36 threads & find what I was looking for
Old 11-10-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by terpfan122
I find this forum to be an extremely helpful tool that I pay nothing for. Search function works great. And when I research a topic I find a wealth of info and experience that helps me make a decision. I have some basic knowledge of trucks/autos but I am no gearhead. This place is great and I am very appreciate of those that volunteer their time to contribute. Mods and experienced members alike.
Very well said,and i am not trying to knock the site,just pointing out that there is not break down of components or subjects based on yr and model ...So Pls anyone that does mod the site pls understand i am not knocking your hard work,and yes i am grateful as any other gear head is that we have these sites to help each other out...have a good day..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Most important thing about this forum is.....