Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

Forum idea for site

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Forum idea for site

I was thinking it would be cool to have a forum section that would allow members to submit a RFB (Request for Bid) to vendors.

For example: If I am looking for a part or aftermarket accessory. I could go to that forum section and start a thread explaining what it is I am looking for. From there the vendors on this site could send me PM's with what their price is.

What do you all think? I think this could be very useful!

Thanks
- Mudweiser
Old 04-18-2013, 03:35 PM
Better OUT then IN

Received 253 Likes on 206 Posts

I like it!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Nothing like a little competition to keep the vendors on their toes. Great idea!!

Last edited by 13Harleyfan; 04-18-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Maybe I'm not getting it or something but I just click on google and type what I am looking for then get presented with thousands of places in which to find the best price.

Better selection of vendors as well, the amount of vendors that visit this website is miniscule compared.

Last edited by RLXXI; 04-18-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Maybe I'm not getting it or something but I just click on google and type what I am looking for then get presented with thousands of places in which to find the best price.

I don't think it's just about the best price, but customer service, the ease of returning something, technical support etc....

I'd call it vendor/customer loyalty. This is my opinion, I would rather deal with somebody I know won't mess me over, first name basis goes along way.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:45 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by 13Harleyfan
I don't think it's just about the best price, but customer service, the ease of returning something, technical support etc....

I'd call it vendor/customer loyalty. This is my opinion, I would rather deal with somebody I know won't mess me over, first name basis goes along way.

With the advent of internet forums for everything from aerospace to underwear, most people recognize the power of customer service and how quickly a company can be dissolved with one blog post.

I don't think the op has a bad idea, great idea but not really needed given todays technology.

I guess if people are unwilling to venture into the big google unknown and ONLY trust what one forum offers, then ,....

I still don't see the need but that's just myho.

Maybe a vendor wall of shame would be better? So we know who to NOT do biz with. Kinda like Angie's list for the F-150

Last edited by RLXXI; 04-18-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Forum idea for site