Topic Sponsor
Suggestions, Comments & Questions about the Forum Give us your feedback and tell us what you'd like to see or report a functionality problem.

F150 forum round table discussion!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 01:15 AM
On down the highway

Received 1,667 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Default F150 forum round table discussion!

So, most know the forum has been buggy, slow, acting out etc. I know PC / mac are probably the best way to view the forum, but if your like me, I'm on mobile most all day and night. I've tried iPhone & android garage talk app and feel its still in the 80s- needs an overhaul terribly bad! Both platform Mobile browsers stink even with Ad blockers. Best I can find for mobile web is to request a full web page that yes, works fine but with a 6" screen it is horrible to work with.
Anyway, me, I think its about money for IB and get it, nothings free and Im not looking for a handout. So whats your thoughts, what are positive and negative things about the forum What do you think can help the forum and keep us all happy at the same time?
We can make F150 Forum Great Again lol
Old 12-24-2017, 01:20 AM
On down the highway

Ok, i'll start
I would pay more to buy an ad free app that works...you?
Do we have any in house experts that can make apps for android and iOS? I know in the android forums. many members write code and hacks that samsung eventually adopted because it worked that good! Maybe someone could team up if IB is open to it?
I would even deal with Ads if they were not so belligerent! had one on an iPhone last week took the phone hostage and I have to close safari or buy crap
Old 12-24-2017, 03:49 PM

Received 177 Likes on 132 Posts

Negative: I think the “ask a question” box when not signed in has caused a lot of what I would consider junk posts. I have a feeling that people find the forum via Google search and don’t really understand how a forum works, and think they are going to start chatting with a rep that will help them with an issue. This results in posts with little to no info/one liners.

Personal wish that I know won’t happen: I think the mods could do a better job of helping keep the forum clean by reaching out to people who consistently bring nothing of value to the board and let them know as such.
I have less and less reason to visit the site every week because of this, and have actually requested that my account be deleted once before. I was told by a Mod that cannot be done, and have also been told by a Mod that I should not report the useless posts. Very little motivation to actually help people out on this forum lately!
Old 12-24-2017, 07:58 PM
On down the highway

Sorry guess I should have rephrased the question?? Not talking about people or what they post, talking about how awful the web experience is. Been in a lot of forums. When I joined in 2014 this one was steller! Fast and easy to navigate mobile or PC.. now it ranks less (to me) than most low budget forums. This one has enough sponsership to support a smooth running machine and weather it's financial or equipment, they choose not to run it wisely.
oh, by the way, you have no clue what the mods do for you, me and everyone else on a daily basis! They put up with more crap everyday that would probably eqaute to having 5 angry ex girlfriends seeing which one could make life more miserable for you. With the amount of members vs other forums and not getting anything in return for there efforts, personally I think they do a great job. Just my opinion thou
Old 12-26-2017, 07:59 AM

Received 486 Likes on 273 Posts

Im on this forum 100% mobile- i phone/i pad-the GT app is livable to me, however the ads, and specifically the inappropriate ads, are becoming too much, up to and including taking space out of the post areas while you are replying( half of your post is cut off by ads)- i suggest that a paid for, ad free, app be made available through the app vendors, redeemable with app cards and mobile pay services. ( i like the anonymity and ease of the pre paid app card, myself.)
There are many games, apps,etc. that offer free and paid versions- ours should be no different.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Tommy

Received 4,264 Likes on 2,183 Posts

It seems to only be me...but GT app places post under the wrong names when I use it. Refresh the page & it straightens up. As a Supporting member already I would definitely pay for an AD FREE app that WORKS CORRECTLY when you open it up

Quick Reply: F150 forum round table discussion!