General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your feedback on Lomax and ProZ tonneau covers

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 01:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Your feedback on Lomax and ProZ tonneau covers

Hello. I am looking at both the Lomax Tri-fold and the ProZ ProFold Prem Tri-fold covers.

I am looking for the good and bad feedback that you may have from your ownership/use experience with these specific covers.

LOMAX

ProZ
Old 03-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

I have a LOMAX on my 15', love it, rarely does it ever have any water intrusion, it sits flush, easy to remove if I want the whole bed, they offered free shipping from the factory and no sales tax when I bought mine.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:50 PM

That is what I am leaning towards at this point. How has the finish held up (scratching, denting, etc)?

Originally Posted by Spectragod
I have a LOMAX on my 15', love it, rarely does it ever have any water intrusion, it sits flush, easy to remove if I want the whole bed, they offered free shipping from the factory and no sales tax when I bought mine.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:16 AM

Received 564 Likes on 402 Posts

I have the Lomax and only one issue to report. I had the early production version and the adhesive released for the seals between the panels after a year. Agri-Cover (manufacturer of the Lomax) promptly replaced with updated version solving the bonding issue. No issues to report with the updated version. Shout out to Agri-Cover for excellent customer service.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bubbabiker:
RTice (03-14-2019), truckalter (03-21-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 AM

Yes, I have been speaking with a rep from Agricover. They redesigned the hinge-ups. So far, great responses from Agricover. If it is any indication of how their post-sales will be, can't beat it. Now looking for the best price.

Originally Posted by Bubbabiker
I have the Lomax and only one issue to report. I had the early production version and the adhesive released for the seals between the panels after a year. Agri-Cover (manufacturer of the Lomax) promptly replaced with updated version solving the bonding issue. No issues to report with the updated version. Shout out to Agri-Cover for excellent customer service.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:23 AM
Super user

Received 197 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by RTice
Yes, I have been speaking with a rep from Agricover. They redesigned the hinge-ups. So far, great responses from Agricover. If it is any indication of how their post-sales will be, can't beat it. Now looking for the best price.
the best price is from the manufacturer, they are shipping for free, everyone else wanted $100+ for shipping to Ohio. My finish and hinges have held up, I have 100% -0- issues recommending this product. Which is rare for me.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:25 AM

Thanks. Most online retailers that I have seen are shipping for free also. Good to know about the recommendation!
Old 03-20-2019, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking into a Lomax as well(for my black '15). Would you guys say the flat black is actually black in person or maybe a little grey. All the pics I see it looks too grey for a black truck. Then the pics of the Weathertech look dark black but descriptions make it sound like it's exactly the same finish as lowmax.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:06 AM

Received 564 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by KadillacD
I'm looking into a Lomax as well(for my black '15). Would you guys say the flat black is actually black in person or maybe a little grey. All the pics I see it looks too grey for a black truck. Then the pics of the Weathertech look dark black but descriptions make it sound like it's exactly the same finish as lowmax.
Yes, it's a matte dark grey.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:50 AM

It is a matte black. However, unlike the paint on your truck, which is a very smooth glossy black, the paint and surface of the Lomax is matte and slightly textured. I would compare it to the standard plastic trim on a truck. The trim is textured, so it almost gives it a slightly grey look in comparison to a gloss black paint.

See attached photos comparing the Lomax cover to the black trim of the truck as well as a glossy black spray wax bottle.
Note that we have a lot of pollen in the area right now, so I only cleaned the corner of the truck to demonstrate the color/texture differences. If you look beyond the corner, you will see the pollen (which is not the true color of the Lomax).

Quick Reply: Your feedback on Lomax and ProZ tonneau covers