Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You know you are a car/truck guy when...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 12:45 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Default You know you are a car/truck guy when...

1) You are walking away from your ride after parking it and you keep glancing over your shoulder to admire it as you walk away.

2) Other people can't wait for rain to wash their car and you worry about rain coming cause it's gonna make the car/truck dirty after you just spent 4 hours detailing it!

3) You usually park way in the back of the parking lot so no other car's are close to yours and make your significant other walk, despite vehement verbal opposition to parking in the "boonies"

Add your own! Thought this might make for an entertaining thread!
Old 06-25-2012, 12:52 PM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
Default lol

Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
1) You are walking away from your ride after parking it and you keep glancing over your shoulder to admire it as you walk away.

2) Other people can't wait for rain to wash their car and you worry about rain coming cause it's gonna make the car/truck dirty after you just spent 4 hours detailing it!

3) You usually park way in the back of the parking lot so no other car's are close to yours and make your significant other walk, despite vehement verbal opposition to parking in the "boonies"

Add your own! Thought this might make for an entertaining thread!

4) as i walk away from my truck (always double parked i might add) and my dog is in the box i say clearly and loudly. "watch the truck dog!" then i hit the door lock and look at people looking at my dog knowing to stay away.

i use the "power of doubt" to scare people into staying away from my truck. if you heard someone say that, i'm pretty sure you'd stay away too... or risk getting bit or your kid getting bit.

honestly tho, my b*tch would only bark at someone, and chase them if they touch it.

it's just as much my truck as it is hers!!!!

my avatar pic was taken while in movement. my ex took the pic lol.

i always feel like someone is watching me. lol
Old 06-25-2012, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I literally do ALL these things lol
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Stevo the fish killer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You never give up searching for a platic toy F-150 (XL SCAB 4x4) for your 14 month old daughter to play with in the sandbox.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

You carry cleaning items in the vehicle just in case........
Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Ha! I have both a california duster and bottle of Maguire's Quik Detail in mine.

You click the remote lock button twice just to hear it beep and KNOW it's armed.

You can spot a similiar vehicle to yours a mile away, get really excited to see one almost identical and pull up next to them....only to see the other driver DOESN"T EVEN NOTICE?!?!?!?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

When you're recovering from hernia surgery, your surgeon forbade you to drive for two weeks, and staring longingly at your F-150 in the driveway makes you feel more pain than when your meds wear off.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you press lock and unlock so the lights will light up your truck in the darkness so you can make a successful double take
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 PM

Received 387 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
You can spot a similiar vehicle to yours a mile away, get really excited to see one almost identical and pull up next to them....only to see the other driver DOESN"T EVEN NOTICE?!?!?!?
Funny you mention this.

I grew up on Jeeps. First was an old school Cherokee, the other was a '90 Comanche, both pretty recognizable and would receive the obligatory "Jeep wave" from fellow enthusiasts.

I figured with the off set EB license plate there would be some sort of EB wave. Better yet, with all the issues these things are prone to maybe a forehead slap instead of a wave as we pass one another.

Driving from Va to Georgia a few weeks ago I had plenty of time to do F-150 spotting. Its either really sad or really impressive I could spot our generation from miles away and could guess the power plant almost immediately.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM
I am Batman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHA I do all 3 !! actually 1 and 3 relate for me the farther away I have to park the more times I glance back

Quick Reply: You know you are a car/truck guy when...